Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Such thing as too small of a section?

solarlove
@solarlove
one month ago
9 posts

My established sections keep breaking down into tinier sections. Like REALLY tiny. I would say it’s half a width of a pencil. Is this too tiny? Should I wait it out, and see? Or should combine them later on if too small? 

solarlove
@solarlove
one month ago
9 posts

Here’s a photo of one big section that automatically started breaking into 3. Should I leave it? Would love some input. I’m a little scared that the smaller sections wouldn’t be sturdy enough.

updated by @solarlove: 09/22/20 05:25:32PM
solarlove
@solarlove
one month ago
9 posts

This is a photo of my whole head. Not sure if you can see it, but when dry those obvious sections start breaking into smaller sections. I am 4 months in by the way. 

image.jpg
image.jpg  •  3.2MB

updated by @solarlove: 09/22/20 05:27:14PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
one month ago
29,456 posts
amazing they will be great cuz no such thingas too small I had one there is one millimeter by.2 mm that was three even tiny or sections combined

--
30 years growing dreadlocks the natural way
My dreads are over 10 feet long

also on the board of, and a student glider pilot with freedoms wings international - soaring for people with disabilities
solarlove
@solarlove
one month ago
9 posts
@soaring-eagle ok awesome! I’ll just let them do what they want. I just wanted to make sure they’re strong enough. Thank you for easing my nerves! 🙃
GoldenEagle
@goldeneagle
3 weeks ago
393 posts

Adding what "SoaringEagle" stated. Most of my dreadlocks are thinner than standard number 2 pencil and some are three or four hair follicles.  For some segments of wind blown, that is not bushed out yet, are dreadlocks. 

updated by @goldeneagle: 10/08/20 12:27:53AM
Peaceful_Passer
@peaceful-passer
3 weeks ago
233 posts
My sons are naturally small like that. It’s not something to worry about. I’ve brushed out one very thick dread that was two at the base. Thinner is more comfortable probably. I can’t use a pillow anymore lol. Thinking a tam will make sleep more comfortable for now anyways lol!
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form