Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

modern primitives, returning to a living with nature lifestyle

Thundersquall
@thundersquall
13 years ago
235 posts

To an extent i see your point about how we become slaves to the dollar and modern conveniences. I consider a working toilet, facebook, and a hot shower pretty convenient though.

I spent three months wandering in the Arizona Desert when i was twelve, and while in the end it was a very enlightening experience for me, i have memories that explain as to why i so apreciate the comforts of indoor life. Like the time we were lost and had no water and i passed out subsequently from de-hydration. Or when i crossed a river and my only pair of hiking boots were torn from my eet by the strong current. Or huddling in my bag trying to find warmth. That all sucked!

updated by @thundersquall: 07/10/15 10:20:30AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

another great 1

on way to alabama gatgering we had directions to a forrest in the sw corner of the state

we gert there and see 10 kids sleeping by the side of the road (fs dirt road 20 miles from the paved road into the woods)

we had no idea where to go from there

a giant bird swoops down into the road wings as wide as the van almost (think it was a pelican or i have no idea it was huge though)

we follow it as it winds along the road at times 5 feet from the wimdsheild at most 20 feet ahead of us

we follow it like 2 or 3 miles till irt swooped up through the trees and vannished so we stopped wondering what the next sign would bve when someone spots a lil color on the woods myust have been 500 feet or more into the woods theres a stump with a tye dye t shirt on it and tiesd to that is a brown paper bag..written on that in pencil (so u have to walk right up to it to read it) are directions to the oposite corner of the state (ne) 500 miles away to a forrest with the exact same name

so we go wake up those kidsa aparently theyd been sleeping there 2 weeks livinj off the land waitting for someone to show up

we took em to the gathering

after the gathering we went to miissipi 1st to a protest (they were turning the forrest into tank ranges) was there a week then was going to dc for another 1 (u know women can go topless in the park across from the white house? clinton had a big ol smile on his face when he went for a walk to church that day haha0 anyway on way to dc..we rescued the same exact kids a second time (3 weeks after the 1srt time) this time from the cops tho

so that bird we followed helped us rescue these kids whod been there for weeks

sometimes u just gotta listen to nature

hippyjo said:

THis is a great story!! It is so Native American-esc in its wisdom. THese are the types ofmiraclesthat are real when we listen. You are blessed to know your power and how it dances with the earth.

soaringeagle said:

the only modern conveniece i like to have with me is my camera but even that i have to constantly remond myself to use it cause the beauty around you etches into youer mind in a way the camera cant capture

also when you live close to the land you tune in like never before

in the city how many times u go somewhere hoping to see a freind and even tho your in the same room in the same building u dont meet up

1 time i went to the forest a month b4 anyone else i had no directions at all (followed a bird for a awhilke who led me to a clue) after a month wandering this 800 square mile forrest i parked in a spot the size of a regular parking soace waitted there 4 days and everyine i was looking for showed up where i was..pure instinct led me to a 4x8 foot spot in an 8000 square mile wilderness that was exactly where i wanted to be

its like the wind whispers you directions

hippyjo said:

I did notwork doubles. Most winter I took double tiplequadruplevacation. About 3 of the winters we totallyhibernated. going to bed around 7 waking at 9 or so. By spring we were totally ready to start moving, getting ready for next winter. Going to townoccasionalto wash clothes as it was very hard to keep up with diapers wheneverything,including the diapers are frozen solid. You could really feel thecyclerflow of nature and be human in that part of the world.

We were camping up in Shasta one year and had the dude you aretalkingpull in. THank god hisapplianceswerepropane. It was like a sitcom listen to these guy bitchin about not having TV reception and trying to piont thier dish or whatever it was to get the reception. "Left Left No back right there no no oh shit piont it higher" Good thing I was in a good space and could just laugh. It is amazing how close the three stoogies are to real life at times. The kicker was we were on the edge of abeautifulwilderness. We went for hikes and swam in the lake and came back to camp at night and here are these guy still trying to get tv reception.

The thing I love aboutconnivencestore is the name. They are anything butconvenient. Over priced, lack friendliness, need to beg to use the bathroom."We have no bathroom-Oh what do you use-get out of here freak". It isstrangewhen life is so complicate that one would need find a convient way to shop for thenecessitieslike snickers bars and beer.

Personal the most convient thing in my life is when I am far way somewhere quite without noen and there are no convient stores. AAAAAAHHHHH Peace.

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts
listen to this song

--
Tiger Feather
@tiger-feather
13 years ago
3 posts

My dream home! :)

Didjeridurian said:

I stayed in an amazing yurt in Asheville on my honeymoon. We were set on building one for a long time until we discovered this http://www.simondale.net/house/index.htm .

We are looking for some acreage in PA and scouring the UCC code books to make sure we can get permits. Its unbeliveably affordable since there are no utilities and the total building cost including land and taxes would be less than $1000 per month. I'll keep you updated on the progress. I plan on documenting it so people can learn from our mistakes and successes if they want to try it out.
Clayton
@clayton
13 years ago
76 posts
If only the door was circular. Then it would be a hobbit hole :D
Benny
@benny
13 years ago
45 posts
I find humany funny my friend came over to my house the other day and left shortly afterwards cuz it was too hot. I have no a/c. Everyone lives like there robots. We all have the same fate but ppl will still shun and bitch. I just wish ppl would learn to accept and move on. I also thank it funny all the ppl who live around me have a pool cuz there "more convenient" where I live is 10 min from a lake!!! The human mind is getting lazy ppl are not thanking any more just letting whats on tv or ppl they know run there lives and the ppl who run there lives heave ppl to it's an endless cycle. Sigh... Oh well
Moon gloW
@moon-glow
13 years ago
11 posts

The stories you told, SE, are very beautiful. I had better images in my head than any TV show. I too bookmarked that Woodland home as soon as I saw it! A couple years back I was researching yurts and plan to live in one someday soon. I would also like a treehouse! In March this year, I stayed in the mountains of utah for 63 days sleeping under a tarp and busting my own fires. That was one hell of an experience and I felt healthier than I can ever remember. Now I live in an apartment and eat McDonalds, feel really tired a lot and sad. I would like to get back to living more naturally, but part of me is scared and I have the feeling that I need people because I would die alone.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

thats pretty cool vid

im looking into building an ecodome like these www.calearth.org

--
Moon gloW
@moon-glow
13 years ago
11 posts

All the Venus Project videos are really cool.

updated by @moon-glow: 07/13/15 01:32:16PM
Aaron Bunnell
@aaron-bunnell
13 years ago
4 posts

I've been looking into cob houses (hobbit holes) and been drawing up designs for my own earth friendly home I've always wanted to live off the grid and am planing my home to work with nature not trying to force the world to work for me but rather find my place in it. I'm 100% vegetarian so as long as i can grow a large enough garden and can preserve enough food to last threw the winter I should live in comfort with the money i make off my crafts and never have to work somewhere i hate or get my food from a giant machine again. all I have to really worry about is buying land when I get that everything thing else I need comes form the earth around me :) there's a pic of my dream home on here, every one should want to live there :)

/ 8

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form