dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

modern primitives, returning to a living with nature lifestyle

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

we think alike

and idealy we should get a group to pull together and buy several hundred acres cheaply build earthen homes and grow food

depending on where we do it we could do it with an investment of only 1000 a person for the land tho better l;ands lil more

i too draw up plans for eco freindly homes all the time and daytdream bout building and living that way

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Aaron Bunnell
@aaron-bunnell
13 years ago
4 posts

I've been talking for years to my friends about that very same idea but they say their not "into it" i don't think its something we as a human race need to be "into" I just feel if we want any chance to survive on this planet we need to revert back to this way of life. at occupy in Greensboro N.C. I found a group of like minded individuals that threw around hundreds of great ideas like a community truck "Bio-diesel of course" just in case something large needs to be moved or gotten from town or many other reasons but other then that never just to ride around, and a communal farm is something I'm jumping into this next season, I've had my own personal garden but its never been large enough to live off of and still preserve enough food for the winter but I talked to my landlord about this piece of land across from my house just siting there "I live in the country so it helps a lot" its about an acre and he said he wants to plant corn on half of it and I can use the rest for my own garden so I'm going full bore this year my goal is to never have to step foot in a store to get food again, and any one that lives around my can get fresh organic food (if you live near me and want to come by and help or just to grab a fresh meal drop me a message and I'll tell you whats ripe :) ) so yeah I'm trying to get every thing worked out while I'm saving up money for the land, and if we get a large enough collective of like minded life and earth friendly people we can do what SE was talking about and live A happy life in a magical world of peace and love:)

Mowriyah Ysrayl
@mowriyah-ysrayl
13 years ago
26 posts

Im interested in Yurt construction, looking into solar homesteading by the end of 2012 if not sooner currently looking for cheap land and funding thinking about applying for a loan but credit score is poor.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

www.cheaplandinamerica.com run by a really nice guy and he does all the financing with no credit checks so no need to get a loan or have good credit

you can get hundreds of acres dirt cheap

only in 4 states tho which arent my 1st choices to lo=ive in

but when u can get 2 square miles cheap u wont have a neighbour in site

--
Mowriyah Ysrayl
@mowriyah-ysrayl
13 years ago
26 posts

Oh ok looking for land in GA, augusta area 30909 zip code. I wouldnt mind moving but my husband wants to stay here. So far my searched as has come up to 0

soaring eagle said:

www.cheaplandinamerica.com run by a really nice guy and he does all the financing with no credit checks so no need to get a loan or have good credit

you can get hundreds of acres dirt cheap

only in 4 states tho which arent my 1st choices to lo=ive in

but when u can get 2 square miles cheap u wont have a neighbour in site

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

u wont foind any there tho kentuky tenneess area is lil more likely or west virginia

--
Castaway J
@castaway-j
13 years ago
585 posts

funny, lately ive been thinking about buying land in new mexico, preferably southery for a more steady climate (basically i hate cold as shit huts when i comes lol). damn i havent even been on enough and never saw this convo till now. ive been thinking of changing my job again and going back on the road driving truck, the buying land and setting up shop when i take days off. ill still have the truck to live in while im building n stff so i think it iwll work out. gonna take my time though, im going to probly need to buy a pickup truck of some sort to transporrt materials, unless if i have a 53 foot trailer thats empty...well :) idk i look forward to it, well see though lol

Aaron Bunnell
@aaron-bunnell
13 years ago
4 posts

soaring eagle said:

u wont foind any there tho kentuky tenneess area is lil more likely or west virginia

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
13 years ago
2,702 posts

I agree that it would be nice to live as simple as possible, but there is a reason we have flush toilets. Back when we didn't, disease spred much more quickly. People didn't live too long back then. The average life expectancy was something like 45 years. 45 is middle age now, I don't want to be "old" at 40. There are some thing we can absolutely live without, but then again, there are thing that are just good for our safety and health

updated by @baba-fats: 07/03/15 07:41:43AM
Castaway J
@castaway-j
13 years ago
585 posts

human exrements make great fertilizers Baba lol. takes about a year to compost completely but still, if its managed properly there is no disease.

the conflict i have is that i see people living to one extreme, as opposed to the other. your born into a society that has everything easy, and being born into that type of environment you dont know how hard your ancestors had it, therefor all of this electricity and technology is severely taken for granted. there is no balance. this makes me feel like i have to live my life to the other extreme, no electricity or running water.

/ 8

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form