Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

"Metalhead" and "Hippie's"

Tara D
@tara-d
14 years ago
27 posts
I like (some) metal... I also like (some) reggae, ska, and (some) punk... I also like Drum and Base, Dubstep, Trip Hop etc... And then I also like acoustic stuff.I have close friends that are into all sorts of different music, and my conclusion is that its not about the genre of music they listen to most - its about the fact that they are just sound people.Every metal head is not the same as the next metal head, nor is every 'hippie' the same as the next 'hippie'. You can appreciate the earth no matter what kind of music you find yourself identifying with =] It just depends on the individual and their life outlook I guess.T xx
Panterra Caraway
@panterra-caraway
14 years ago
667 posts
Thanks Tara and Asleigh for bringing some peace and sanity to this thread, altho Maxe and Shuk Coot did too. I started reading this out of curiousity and soon moved to irritaion and disgust! It all really sounds like a bunch of male posturing. When any of you guys walk down the street and end up being treated offensively or hassled because you sport dreads or certain clothes I am sure it pisses you off and you would be the first ones loudly complaining too...well, thanks for helping to perpetuate the very stereotyping you complain about. Why does everyone have to have a label? I'll tell ya..because then you seem to think you have everthing figured out and you know who to like or dislike or who's your bro! Bullshit! Oh, look at me, I'm bad ass, I worship Satan!!! Oh brother. Grow up. Why can't someone just be?
Nic Sullivan
@nic-sullivan
14 years ago
47 posts
i agree with you i have half a mind to shut down the thread, this is not what is was suppose to be about. This is one of the only times on this site (minus the all the stuff about the wax debate) that i have seen such closed mindedness. Btw Pantera is one of my favorite bands of all times. I should be going to get a tattoo of a broken whiskey bottle that say on the label pantera 101. proof. as soon as i get the money. Panterra Caraway said:
Thanks Tara and Asleigh for bringing some peace and sanity to this thread, altho Maxe and Shuk Coot did too. I started reading this out of curiousity and soon moved to irritaion and disgust! It all really sounds like a bunch of male posturing. When any of you guys walk down the street and end up being treated offensively or hassled because you sport dreads or certain clothes I am sure it pisses you off and you would be the first ones loudly complaining too...well, thanks for helping to perpetuate the very stereotyping you complain about. Why does everyone have to have a label? I'll tell ya..because then you seem to think you have everthing figured out and you know who to like or dislike or who's your bro! Bullshit! Oh, look at me, I'm bad ass, I worship Satan!!! Oh brother. Grow up. Why can't someone just be?
Panterra Caraway
@panterra-caraway
14 years ago
667 posts
Thanks Nic...sad that this "discussion" turned to crap. I was drawn to it as an interesting concept but whatever..I get what you were trying to lay down, sorry it didn't go there :) I used to be in a band myself, long ago called Black Widow. My husband likes Pantera too. I get alot of comments concerning my name, I used to be Panterra Black...how cool is that?! Lol Anyway, if you get that tat post a pic...love to see it dude.
Jcisazombie
@jcisazombie
14 years ago
40 posts
I'm sorry that this Thread has turned into this.I really am, and it disgust me that people, especially those who are part of a site that I think is probably the most open minded site that I've ever been too, though it has it's moments, and this is one, would start something like this argument, even if it was mostly one person who bashed on others ideologies.Though, I feel I must say, for someone to bash the ideas of Christianity is ridiculous, and probably, not only offends but, hurts some members of this forum who may belong to Christianity.There is nothing "Metal" about criticizing another person's beliefs.When people insult you and call your music bullshit, you'd become defensive, you'd become enraged and engrossed with proving them wrong, and you call those people assholes and douches and closed minded, and etc,etc,etc and you're becoming exactly what you hate.You're hating on something that people hold very, very dear to them, like music to you.If you think that Metal bands that follow God are "Posers" and all that, than maybe you need to look into your definition of what music is.They have beliefs that they feel so strongly about that they took time out of their lives to write music for, and express emotions for, and throw money at. Being in any band isn't cheap.They expressed emotions, the same way that the bands you listen to do.They also followed a certain sound, or trend the same way the bands you listen to do.Black Metal, Post-Hardcore, Death Metal, Pop, Punk, Garage Rock, etc it all follows trends, everything does.No one is bashing your belief that no God may exist, why bash others who have done nothing worse to you than what you are doing to them at this exact moment?Sure, there are some extremist Christians but, there are extremist in everything.You're being no better than a Closed minded Christian, you're being a Closed minded Metalhead.Stop bashing others beliefs and music, and start focusing on strengthening your beliefs and your life, and music if you play.ON THAT NOTE!There's a lost of punk bands who members have dreads as well, and share some similarities with "hippies"1.Vegan- a good number of Hippies and crust punks I know are vegan because they won't be part of torture, and the bad karma they believe is in meat.2. Community- a lot of Crust punks live in Squat houses and help rebuild them in exchange for the stay there, and grow food and help out, the same way hippies live in communites.3. The idea of peace- Both are huge believers in peace, and love, and equality.those are just a few, and I thought it'd be relevant to the original thread topic.=) Nic Sullivan said:
i agree with you i have half a mind to shut down the thread, this is not what is was suppose to be about. This is one of the only times on this site (minus the all the stuff about the wax debate) that i have seen such closed mindedness. Btw Pantera is one of my favorite bands of all times. I should be going to get a tattoo of a broken whiskey bottle that say on the label pantera 101. proof. as soon as i get the money.

Panterra Caraway said:
Panterra Caraway
@panterra-caraway
14 years ago
667 posts
Jcisazombie: Thanks for contributing to this thread in its true intent, and I sooo agree with you! Now this was the thread I was hoping for...there ya go Nic! And Personal Jesus...so, I'm racking up cool points?!!! Lol
Panterra Caraway
@panterra-caraway
14 years ago
667 posts
Wow...then, I'm honored! XD Personal Jesus said:
:) yep which is hard to do since im a negative guy :D
Gary Charlesworth
@gary-charlesworth
14 years ago
50 posts
METAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL \m/
Cade
@cade
14 years ago
33 posts
i agree that they have similarities and i love metal...i also listen to some rap some alternative some rock some dubstep i mean just anything....but on another note have u guys heard cannabis corpse? they are basically cannibal corpse but all their songs are about weed (obviously)....check em out if u havent...lol
Punk4peaceॐ
@punk4peace
14 years ago
13 posts
fuck labels...we are all children of the same universe....
updated by @punk4peace: 07/13/15 05:20:24PM

/ 4

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form