dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Campfire smoke

Gavin Brooks
@gavin-brooks
13 years ago
22 posts

Just decided to start a discussion!

Last weekend I was hanging around a campfire and my hair seem to lock up a TON more afterwords. Any similar experiences/results?

updated by @gavin-brooks: 01/13/15 08:59:22PM
Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts
interesting. well, i love to smell my hair after a campfire so i guess i'll be doing more of them this summer:)
Doogie
@doogie
13 years ago
321 posts
Hmm, guess I'll see if it works for me in 2 weeks and will post results!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

mine dreaded fast as hell in the woods around a fire but i think being in the woods in nature does more then the smoke but who knows

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
FoxPaw
@foxpaw
13 years ago
114 posts
Agreed I always love the way my hair feels when waking up after a long night in the woods :)
feelin irie
@feelin-irie
13 years ago
10 posts
Not sure about the campfire smoke but mine love lots of chronic smoke haha my dreads are just happy/nappy cause im at peace and irie with life itself.
amber2
@amber2
13 years ago
5 posts
interesting! i cant wait for summer campfires now :)
Thundersquall
@thundersquall
13 years ago
235 posts
I wondered the same thing about campfire smoke. Being around it i would think would tend to dry your hair out, which can be beneficial in aiding the locking process i think.
Michael Klein
@michael-klein
13 years ago
16 posts
I went fishing last night and we had a fire going all night and it does seem to help. It makes mine dry and tighter it seems.
Shane3
@shane3
13 years ago
4 posts

being a chef I use smoke to slightly dry the out side of meat but keep the inside moist maybe this is what happens smoke also has resins in it making it sticky not so much oily. just thought id add to the discussion

as the resin cools it may shrink giving you that tightening feelingand resin being sticky may help the hair strands stick together betterthe resinin my smoker also hardens as it cools and almost cures hard unlike oils imo

maybe ill smoke my head in some hickory or maple woods lol

peace enjoy the search

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form