Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

How often and how do u wash your head ?

Jack Roth
@jack-roth
14 years ago
298 posts
I see alot of people with hair washing schedules on this website, which i think is crazy. I was my hair with bi carb ( no oils or anything ) whenever it feels like it needs to be washed. No scalp problems ever \. I just washed my hair after waiting 2 weeks ( it wasnt by choice tho i ran out of bi carb and could not be bothered to go to the shop lol ) and its fine :D i do love my head!
updated by @jack-roth: 02/14/15 12:14:43PM
Jake Holland
@jake-holland
14 years ago
203 posts
I try to do mine every 2-3 days because mine gets super itchy, but for the past month I have been so lazy and busy with work that I have been going pretty much a week at a time without washing. I really would like to get back to washing it more regularly
Iain
@iain
14 years ago
844 posts
now that i'm coming up on the 2 year mark,,,whenever i feel like it, my scalp rarely itches from taking care of it over time,

or I will when i want my hair to smell awesome, I'd say i take a shower every day, but get my hair every 4-8ish days.

I just use the peppermint or lavender dr bronners (sometimes mixed) with tea tree and rosemary essential oils added.I would say that it really just depends on how much you are forced to sweat, If i bust my ass working in a day, I'll usually shower shortly after so I don't smell terrible, If it's just from going from one place to another It's not bad at all and my hair remains smelling good or just neutral for days on end.
Alicia
@alicia
14 years ago
68 posts
I've been washing mine everyday since I started. Maybe that's a reason they look the way they do but oh well. My hair looks really greasy if I go without washing it and because I still have my bangs in the front it's really noticable.
JESSICA EVA (Eva Lovelocks)
@jessica-eva-eva-lovelocks
14 years ago
217 posts
i wash probably about every week- week and a half. sometimes every 2 weeks if i haven't done much yoga. whenever my bangs start to look greasy haha.

i've been washing my hair about once a week for several years, even before dreads. less is more!
JESSICA EVA (Eva Lovelocks)
@jessica-eva-eva-lovelocks
14 years ago
217 posts

Alicia said:
I've been washing mine everyday since I started. Maybe that's a reason they look the way they do but oh well. My hair looks really greasy if I go without washing it and because I still have my bangs in the front it's really noticable.

the more you wash, the more oil your scalp is going to produce. because it is being washed all the time your head overcompensates for the washed out oils by over producing. if you stretch out your washed to every 2-3 days you'll gradually stop producing as much oil and won't have the same problem. then you can wait even longer between washings without having a funky dirty scalp and hair. plus your hair will be much healthier
taye
@taye
14 years ago
833 posts
i wash my hair when i feel like it. Usually once a week. Sometimes twice a week. I have gone as much as two weeks on occasion but i get that gross creamy build up on my head when i do. I hate that build up yuck. My scalp never itches so i don't use that as an indicator.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
i wash mine monday and thursday just cause its easier to keep on a schedulei noticed some p;l get all axcited on wash day like yay i washed my dreads today or omg i cant wait to wash them tomorowlike its a big event in theyre week..lol

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Natty Dave
@natty-dave
14 years ago
56 posts
i usually do it around monday and friday, or when it gets itchy; would like to do it less but it seems like every time i do my locks look better
Thundersquall
@thundersquall
14 years ago
235 posts
Haha thats true SE i look forward to wash hair day myself. And i dont know why.
 / 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form