Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

issues with washing

Brittany (Kenji) Babin
@brittany-kenji-babin
14 years ago
11 posts
so ive trie using baking soda and water (no oils) <--- maybe thats my problem? i didnt like it cuz i didnt feel clean and it hurt my eyes and it was just bad so i picked up my kb soap again until i can find something else and it isnt cutting it for me either mostly because i dont feel clean. i feel like it isnt reaching parts of my hair on my scalp mostly because its a bar. i was thinking its maybe the brand or because its a bar i dont know but i also bought other soaps at an arts and crafts fair and they arent for dreads but they are organic i just didnt know if they would still work or not. need help! P:
updated by @brittany-kenji-babin: 01/13/15 08:44:39PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
hmm how did u do the baking soda exactly cause nothing makes u feel cleaner then baking sodaumm did u ever use wax or anything? could that be the prob?baking soda use 1 tablespoon per cup soak 10 min then rince then do the acv for 3the oils help

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Brittany (Kenji) Babin
@brittany-kenji-babin
14 years ago
11 posts
i dont have wax i dont know i just didnt like how it felt afterwards. maybe i should try it with the oils :\
❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
14 years ago
751 posts
idk...maybe some people just really like the suds. You could Try Maylee's Garden bars..they are for sale in our Dreads Shop link at the top
Brittany (Kenji) Babin
@brittany-kenji-babin
14 years ago
11 posts
after reading all the posts ive desided im going to keep using the handmade soap and sometimes im going to do the baking soda. what does a cold-process do to the soap?
Jake Holland
@jake-holland
14 years ago
203 posts
the baking soda wash wasn't working for me until I adjusted the dilution. Now my hair has never felt cleaner.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
i mix mine according to conditions i make it stringer if my scalps in bad shape or im extra dirty or weaker if i dont feel i need a super power clean Jake Holland said:
the baking soda wash wasn't working for me until I adjusted the dilution. Now my hair has never felt cleaner.

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
GoldenEagle
@goldeneagle
14 years ago
393 posts
How did your hair feel to you?How long have you been washing your hair less often?How often do you wash your hair?How much baking soda did you use? How much water?For the sake of fairness: I will answer my own questions.1. My hair usually feels course after I am done washing my hair.2. At least two years, but I am not exactly sure.3. I typically mix together one tablespoon of baking soda per eight ounces of water.As implied by Jake Holland some people may need less baking soda while others may need more.
Jack Roth
@jack-roth
14 years ago
298 posts
Just use the knotty boy bar untill its run out? its all ive been using :) and its fine, (its not like its blashpemy)
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form