Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

neutrogena anti residue shampoo

JESSICA EVA (Eva Lovelocks)
@jessica-eva-eva-lovelocks
14 years ago
217 posts

Water Purified, Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate, Cocoamide DEA, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Glycerin, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Citric Acid, Fragrance (Parfum)how bad will this screw up my dreads? i bought a bottle before i heard it wasn't any good. it makes my dreads feel really fresh and light though...
updated by @jessica-eva-eva-lovelocks: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
its good for removing existing residues i sometimes recomend it as a dread prep to remove conditionersi wouldnt use it otherwise personallyid try the baking soda

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
14 years ago
217 posts
i think it will be good for me to use at least for a little while then. i had to soak my hair in a couple bottles of conditioner before i could brush it out to do my sections. i've used the neutrogena about three of four times now. i'll probably keep using it until i'm done making my dreads. that should be in maybe two more washings, then when i'm done do the baking soda... you think that will be ok?
GoldenEagle
@goldeneagle
14 years ago
393 posts
Start with baking soda washings. The Neutrogena "Anti-Residue" shampoo has a residue of it's own.If you have washed your hair with it more than once a week, you have used it too much. Neutrogena themselves recommend using it once a week.
chemowasabi
@chemowasabi
14 years ago
20 posts
my sister uses this stuff, so there's a bottle of it in the shower, but i haven't tried it in my dreads.I think you should be safe with using just non-residue shampoo. "non-residue" means that it will not stack any residue on top of what is already there. this is labelled as "anti-residue," which implies that it will remove such existing residue. as long as you dont introduce any residues, there's no need to remove them.that said, if you like the way it makes your hair feel, keep using it. this shampoo is rather expensive though. maybe use it every 3 or 4 washings
❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
14 years ago
751 posts
You could maybe use it every once in a while. Like a deep clean. But I wouldn't use it as a regular washing shampoo
14 years ago
217 posts
i dunno, that bottle was like 4 or 5 bucks at target. it's not worth it. the baking soda wash is so much more amazing. this stuff is ok, but really does leave an obvious residue compared to the baking soda. i'm not using it on my dreads anymore. my son is finishing the bottle. haha Christopher Kreschollek said:
How much does it cost?
Island Mamma
@island-mamma
14 years ago
530 posts
It depends if you want chemicals and petroleum (BP oil) products in your dreads or on your body.I personally prefer no chemicals or crude oil but to each their own.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form