Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Natural dread washing

Will Gibbs
@will-gibbs
14 years ago
35 posts

when trying to grow natural dreads , is washing your hair with a bar of soap the same as using non-residue shampoo????

updated by @will-gibbs: 01/13/15 08:38:27PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
nopemost bar soaps have alot of residues and conditionersnon residue is not 100% needed but is best u can use a bar soap but u can get nasty buildup over time

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Sputnik0145
@sputnik0145
14 years ago
9 posts
I bought this bar soap - Calendula Plantsoap (?)with the ingredients: Sodium Palmate, Sodium Cocoate, water, sodium olivate, fragrance from natural essential oils, glyzerin, calendula officanalis flower extract, chamomilla recutita (matricaria) flower extract, voila tricolor extract, oryza satvia extract, malt extract, sodium chloride and sodium stearate..I was just wondering if you can find anything in this soap that might hinder my neglect journy.Thanks soaringeagle said:
nope
most bar soaps have alot of residues and conditioners
non residue is not 100% needed but is best u can use a bar soap but u can get nasty buildup over time
GoldenEagle
@goldeneagle
14 years ago
393 posts
The ingredient "Fragrance from natural essential oils" may hinder your hair's progress.In most cases when the word "Fragrance" is used in a list of ingredients, the ingredient be called "Fragrance" is usually a synthetic or partially synthetic derivative of the organic original component found in nature. Fragrance Oils vs. Essential Oils Sputnik0145 said:
I bought this bar soap - Calendula Plantsoap (?)
with the ingredients: Sodium Palmate, Sodium Cocoate, water, sodium olivate, fragrance from natural essential oils, glyzerin, calendula officanalis flower extract, chamomilla recutita (matricaria) flower extract, voila tricolor extract, oryza satvia extract, malt extract, sodium chloride and sodium stearate..
I was just wondering if you can find anything in this soap that might hinder my neglect journey.
Thanks
❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
14 years ago
751 posts
If you want to use a bar soap, there are some great residue-free soaps made by some members for sale at the dread shop. Link is at the top to the right :)
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
oh yea the soaps in our shops are amazing i assumed he was talking about dial dove irish spring one of those more commercial body bars

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form