Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

dreads and stereotypes

roni
@roni
14 years ago
37 posts
Hi.Do not want to pry, but curious to know:are you "free professions?" or in the academia?I am interested because there is a tendency to label people with dreadlocks.I am a literary editor and, so it's accepted.
updated by @roni: 02/03/18 08:05:29PM
GreyGargoyle
@greygargoyle
14 years ago
569 posts
I just got a job at a Taco Bell. It sux cause I gotta wear a hat all day. The hat doesn't even fit right. It just sits on top of my head, haha.
Island Mamma
@island-mamma
14 years ago
530 posts
You've got that right. Sister Rags said:
I believe that a lot depends upon where one lives. Some cities or towns are more accepting than others of dreadheads.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
i run this site and i made a whopping 54 cents in last 2 days off of it..hehei never cared much about making a living tho i rather live for making then make a livingso i do what i do cause i love what i do

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Jake Holland
@jake-holland
14 years ago
203 posts
I run a CNC lathe making parts that go into the making of microchips and stuff of that sort. High purity fittings. Their pretty lax there about they way you look as long as its "presentable" But I get covered in oil all night long so I don't know how I can be all that presentable in the first place. There are a lot of supervisors there that are covered in tattoos though, and no one has said anything about my hair yet...
Fush
@fush
14 years ago
19 posts
I actually just graduated college this year and now I'm moving on to University for four years, But I agree completely with Sister Rags. It really does depend on where you are.
Bella Liston
@bella-liston
14 years ago
11 posts
I am a college graduate. I work for a corporate medical company doing phlebotomy. I plan to go back to school soon for nursing. When I graduate I'm going to move out west for employment. I just pull my hair back in a big bun. I have had no patients complain. My locks are still really new though. Oh, and my bangs aren't dreaded so it's not as obvious to untrained eyes.
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
hey now! i spent a good amount of time in my life "following bands around" and got to see 48 states, meet the most amazing people/phamily I've ever known and experience the beauty of life in an eye opening way! Hubby and I are taking our kids for a little 2 week taste this summer even. So don't knock it till ya try it! Stereotypes suck. Much Love & Many Blessings Metalhead Fred said:
I have a college degree, but due to the state of my countries' economy and the small shit hole town that I live in, I'm currently unemployed. I make a small bit of money repairing laptops/video games consoles.

If you want to see a true stereotype, check out the film "Dreadheads, A Portrait of a Subculture". Almost every person they interview comes across as a moron who has nothing better to do other than get wasted and follow bands around. Plenty of "labels" for you there.
☮Izzy-licious☮
@izzy-licious
14 years ago
183 posts
I am a student working towards my degree and I work at a Doctors office in what is considered a "rich" part of Arizona. Scottsdale, Az commonly referred to as Snotsdale or Snobsdale. (just another stereotype) I don't notice much and usually just get basic questions. I wear my hair down and my nose ring. I have two tattoos I don't hide they are colorful and bright and usually get compliments on them. So far nothing bad about my dreads and have only been called a hippie nothing else so far :)
roni
@roni
14 years ago
37 posts
Thank you all for replying. I do not live in the United States, but I agree. it depends upon where you live. I live in a big, pluralist city. But people staring at me from time to time. (I wonder what will happen in a year or two..)Metalhead Fred - hope you'll find a proper job soon.soaringeagle- my husband would agree with you...Live to play and play to live.by Metalhead Fred Izzy-licious said:
I am a student working towards my degree and I work at a Doctors office in what is considered a "rich" part of Arizona. Scottsdale, Az commonly referred to as Snotsdale or Snobsdale. (just another stereotype) I don't notice much and usually just get basic questions. I wear my hair down and my nose ring. I have two tattoos I don't hide they are colorful and bright and usually get compliments on them. So far nothing bad about my dreads and have only been called a hippie nothing else so far :)
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form