Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dreading's a Drug

Cavewoman
@cavewoman
14 years ago
165 posts
So since finding this amazing website I haven't been able to stop myself from slowly adding dreads to my head. I started with one, then two, now four,(all tnr) I ask myself why I've even stopped, why I don't just finish it off.Then I remember, work.I work in a popular fashion clothing store and I'm not sure the manager would be too keen on the idea. I hear I could just wrap them up and i figure that could work for a while... but I don't know how long haha.Thoughts on how to maybe convince or should I just go for it?Like I said, it's a drug, its getting harder and harder to stop ;}
updated by @cavewoman: 02/14/15 10:57:42AM
GreyGargoyle
@greygargoyle
14 years ago
569 posts
Just go for it.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
legaly they cant say anythinmg if u feel a spitiual need to dreadso just show up if they say anything then we'll deal with itdont exactly "hide em" just make em less blatantly noticable till theyre noticed

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Cavewoman
@cavewoman
14 years ago
165 posts
Thanks for the replies guys =D having smart and awesome people to support me and help me along the journey is making this such a great experience.I think I'm gunna do it... I'm so excited!I'll keep everyone updated =]
GoldenEagle
@goldeneagle
14 years ago
393 posts
I am there with you. I started out just doing one with twist and rip. Then one day out of boredom I finished the rest of my head. Now I need to pull my dreadlocks apart less often.
Jake Holland
@jake-holland
14 years ago
203 posts
Exactly Sister Rags said:
I can think of so many ways to make your dreads be a part of the store where you work....rock 'em!
Jake Holland
@jake-holland
14 years ago
203 posts
I am waiting for someone had work to have a problem with what I have going on so far but I don't think they have noticed yet. I don't think it will be a problem and I am fully ready to MAKE it a problem for them if they give me any issues. Besides I am good at my job it would be there loss to end up getting rid of me if I didn't cut mine, and even though they are only like 3 days old now and not all done....they are never coming out. Get your fix and keep on locking!
☮Izzy-licious☮
@izzy-licious
14 years ago
183 posts
I was terrified to ask...but my boss thinks dreads are awesome! (now mind you I am the only employee in a Doctors office in Scottsdale (snobsdale) AZ a very rich, hoity toity kind of area.) I even have my nose pierced. I recommend you look in the employee handbook and see what it says about hair. If it says it then maybe talk to your boss about it. But I agree with SE. You should be fine as long as you "dress to the 9's" as they say in fashion retail and have a beautiful wrap on no one will probably even notice.. Best of luck and happy dreading!P.S. I agree with Jake if you are good at your job who gives a care what your hair looks like. I mean unless its like cousin it and in your face all the time it won't be keeping you from your job. ;)
Cavewoman
@cavewoman
14 years ago
165 posts
thanks. I actually did do them and todays gunna be ther first day of work with them. I have them wrapped nicely in a cute headscarf so I think I'll be good =]And it's cool your work was so cool about it. I wanna peirce my nose but I know they don't like any face peircings so that one'll have to wait Izzy-licious said:
I was terrified to ask...but my boss thinks dreads are awesome! (now mind you I am the only employee in a Doctors office in Scottsdale (snobsdale) AZ a very rich, hoity toity kind of area.) I even have my nose pierced. I recommend you look in the employee handbook and see what it says about hair. If it says it then maybe talk to your boss about it. But I agree with SE. You should be fine as long as you "dress to the 9's" as they say in fashion retail and have a beautiful wrap on no one will probably even notice.. Best of luck and happy dreading!

P.S. I agree with Jake if you are good at your job who gives a care what your hair looks like. I mean unless its like cousin it and in your face all the time it won't be keeping you from your job. ;)
Lindsay3
@lindsay3
14 years ago
32 posts
How did work go?? Nomadian said:
thanks. I actually did do them and todays gunna be ther first day of work with them. I have them wrapped nicely in a cute headscarf so I think I'll be good =]
And it's cool your work was so cool about it. I wanna peirce my nose but I know they don't like any face peircings so that one'll have to wait

Izzy-licious said:
I was terrified to ask...but my boss thinks dreads are awesome! (now mind you I am the only employee in a Doctors office in Scottsdale (snobsdale) AZ a very rich, hoity toity kind of area.) I even have my nose pierced. I recommend you look in the employee handbook and see what it says about hair. If it says it then maybe talk to your boss about it. But I agree with SE. You should be fine as long as you "dress to the 9's" as they say in fashion retail and have a beautiful wrap on no one will probably even notice.. Best of luck and happy dreading!

P.S. I agree with Jake if you are good at your job who gives a care what your hair looks like. I mean unless its like cousin it and in your face all the time it won't be keeping you from your job. ;)
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form