Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

So I might shave my head.

Nic Sullivan
@nic-sullivan
14 years ago
47 posts
I have been thinking about it for a while and there is a post on how i was thinking of doing the natural method. But i have had long hair for such a long time now i just don't know if i want to do it. I know when it comes down to it it's my choice on what to do with my hair. But I was just wondering what some other people thought about it. Maybe some one else has done the same thing and has some helpful inisght for me!
updated by @nic-sullivan: 02/14/15 08:49:28AM
Iain
@iain
14 years ago
844 posts
AH don't do it!!!I remember early on so many time I thought about doing it, (a few I think were brought on by other shit going on in my life and I wanted to just get rid of alot of things in my life) but in the end I'm glad I didn't,do what you feel is best, just make sure it's the right decision for you,and at the very least, don't shave your head as opposed to combing out or cutting a few inches off,, but that's my opinion, I can't imagine going back to a shaved head.
GreyGargoyle
@greygargoyle
14 years ago
569 posts
I had a shaved head for three and a half years while I did research on dreadlocks and waited for the right time to grow them. It made me love my hair even more. I really didn't know what I was missing out on. You cut your hair and it will make you realize how amazing hair is, haha. But seriously, I'd do it. Shave your head and then grow natural dreadlocks from a shaved head. That's how I'm growing mine. It's been five months so far and I'm seeing progress, I doubt that I will ever want to cut my hair again..maybe a dread trim one day though. Who knows. It might give you a greater respect for your hair. Then again it could also make you depressed about not having hair for much time at all. But then again you'd get to completely start over and grow out completely natural new hair. It's really up to you, man.Good luck!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
look for the reason why you feel you should start over then decode if its worth the long wait starting from bald again can take a good while

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Michael Baker
@michael-baker
14 years ago
13 posts
Think about it for at least a week. Take note on how it would make you feel at different times during the day. Some days it might feel like the best thing to do but at other times you might dislike the idea. I shaved my head for four years until I realized I really wanted hair but last year I let it grow for a few months then decided I needed to shave it off. That was a big mistake! I was so unhappy about having to start all over again.This is a big decision and I encourage you to think about it long and hard. You can always just do a light trim to see how you feel about the length and go from there. Taking small steps will help you avoid big mistakes.
benjah
@benjah
14 years ago
114 posts
i had loads of hair styles before dreading, and one night we were partying and someone suffested shaving my head, so i said sure why not, just take it off the sides and i;ll rock a mohawk for a bit but they, messed up and barebladed me. i started my dread journey from bald but not by choice, it takes longer to do but its worth it.like soaringeagle said elsewhere-"hair wants to dread"whatever you do enjoy the process have fun.
tha tron
@tha-tron
14 years ago
147 posts
waiting on your hair to grow is one of the most frustrating things in the world lol. I fried my hair a couple of months back and had to chop it. I some-what had to.. couldn't imagine doing it by choice.
Nic Sullivan
@nic-sullivan
14 years ago
47 posts
Just so every one knows i did it today. My head is shaved. And i will be growing it out for sure. Wether or not i do dreadlocks again i don't know just yet. I love'em when the look how i want them to i guess... But it's just anoying wake'n up in the morning ever day "your hair looks like shit" from my folks so i just shaved it i'm trying to get a new job and i'm hope'n it will at least help with that. I still be lurk'n on the fourm though i made some friends here =D
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
u shoulda told your folks to shut the fuck upthats basicly abuse telling u that every day it destroys your self confidence and healtthy self image..sorry u let them push u into shavingi let mine push me into it once too..worse mistake of my lifeprediction..you'll be dreadin again within s year this time with the strength to stand up to those who push you down

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Nic Sullivan
@nic-sullivan
14 years ago
47 posts
yeah i prolly should have, but the way i look at it now is. I have a chance to go natural from the start if i decide to and i mean i don't mean to sound shallow or anything but like i did want my hair to look neat. Like all the loose hair was kinda crazy.
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form