Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

So I might shave my head.

GreyGargoyle
@greygargoyle
14 years ago
569 posts
You're contradicting yourself...You want to go natural but you want neat hair. You want to start natural but you haven't decided on when. Now is the best time! The hair that you are going to have is going to be perfectly new healthy grown hair with no bad pasts of being brushed or washed with chemicals. You have the perfect opportunity to dread, man. The whole thing with you wanting to dread naturally but wanting neat hair just won't go together though, haha.Good luck though. No offense but your parents sound like pricks. Seriously who the hell says "your hair looks like shit" to their child, wow. Move out and grow dreads. Nic Sullivan said:
yeah i prolly should have, but the way i look at it now is. I have a chance to go natural from the start if i decide to and i mean i don't mean to sound shallow or anything but like i did want my hair to look neat. Like all the loose hair was kinda crazy.

updated by @greygargoyle: 07/10/15 03:18:14AM
Amber Eyes
@amber-eyes
14 years ago
8 posts
i shaved my first set off and started from scratch. It has taken A LOT of patience but I like the difference. When I dreaded my first set it shrunk way up and the dreads kept getting fatter. On this set they have stayed somewhat the same size just thickend a lil as the dreads matured but the length has never shrunk it actually seams to be growing out sooo fast. I'm very happy with this set and don't foresee ever cutting my hair again. Hope that helps I have pics of my old set and my bald do and my new set if that will help. Good luck.
Nic Sullivan
@nic-sullivan
14 years ago
47 posts
well, it's like i read on this site once if you go for the TnR method or backcomb then you end up thinking about every hair thats not locking i mean i guess if you go natural it's just kinda all a hot mess. I don't know i have not tried so i can't say if i like it. GreyGargoyle said:
You're contradicting yourself...

You want to go natural but you want neat hair. You want to start natural but you haven't decided on when. Now is the best time! The hair that you are going to have is going to be perfectly new healthy grown hair with no bad pasts of being brushed or washed with chemicals. You have the perfect opportunity to dread, man. The whole thing with you wanting to dread naturally but wanting neat hair just won't go together though, haha.
Good luck though. No offense but your parents sound like pricks. Seriously who the hell says "your hair looks like shit" to their child, wow. Move out and grow dreads.

Nic Sullivan said:
yeah i prolly should have, but the way i look at it now is. I have a chance to go natural from the start if i decide to and i mean i don't mean to sound shallow or anything but like i did want my hair to look neat. Like all the loose hair was kinda crazy.
GreyGargoyle
@greygargoyle
14 years ago
569 posts
Fair enough, good luck to ya. Nic Sullivan said:
well, it's like i read on this site once if you go for the TnR method or backcomb then you end up thinking about every hair thats not locking i mean i guess if you go natural it's just kinda all a hot mess. I don't know i have not tried so i can't say if i like it.

GreyGargoyle said:
You're contradicting yourself...

You want to go natural but you want neat hair. You want to start natural but you haven't decided on when. Now is the best time! The hair that you are going to have is going to be perfectly new healthy grown hair with no bad pasts of being brushed or washed with chemicals. You have the perfect opportunity to dread, man. The whole thing with you wanting to dread naturally but wanting neat hair just won't go together though, haha.
Good luck though. No offense but your parents sound like pricks. Seriously who the hell says "your hair looks like shit" to their child, wow. Move out and grow dreads.

Nic Sullivan said:
Nic Sullivan
@nic-sullivan
14 years ago
47 posts
So did yo go natural the second time? Alisha Peederpants said:
i shaved my first set off and started from scratch. It has taken A LOT of patience but I like the difference. When I dreaded my first set it shrunk way up and the dreads kept getting fatter. On this set they have stayed somewhat the same size just thickend a lil as the dreads matured but the length has never shrunk it actually seams to be growing out sooo fast. I'm very happy with this set and don't foresee ever cutting my hair again. Hope that helps I have pics of my old set and my bald do and my new set if that will help. Good luck.

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form