Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

my dreading adventure thus far and it's only day one

DJ Salazar
@dj-salazar
14 years ago
23 posts
recently I finally decided I'm going to commit to getting my long awaited dreadies. I've wanted to do it since my freshman year and would backcomb a few in every so often but would end up conditioning and combing them out after one of my parents gave me shit about it. a couple days ago I had heard of this salon that does them pretty good so I looked up their number and asked to set up a consultation to see what method would be used and such, we set up the consultation for today at 3:30 and when I was ten minutes late(and around the corner) they called me and asked if I wanted to reschedule, instead of waiting I just asked her what way the salon usually does them. after she told me dread perm, I said nevermind I'm not to interested anymore. when I got home I starting on the TnR. seven long hours later, I finished and I love the way they turned out already even though they're not perfect or really even the same size I couldn't be more stoked, even though I know I still have a long way to go. I included a before and after picture, let me know how you think they came out for a TnR rookie haha
updated by @dj-salazar: 02/14/15 03:37:26AM
DJ Salazar
@dj-salazar
14 years ago
23 posts
I wasn't trying to say they aren't as good because they aren't perfect in any way, I was just saying it kind of as a disclaimer I guess. I love the way they look and appreciate the uniqueness in each dread. the only thing I plan on doing maintenance wise is start using anti-residue shampoo and try to tighten up some of them as needed.I appreciate your concern but I'm definitely ready to endure some tough months ahead Makarov said:
They look good but I'm concerned that you won't have the heart to continue NATURALLY with your dread journey based on what you said. Perfect and same size don't go hand in hand with natural dreadlocks...I hope you enjoy your journey and I really hope you decide to go natural from here on out because your locks really do look great but they won't look great everyday. Stick with them and don't do too much to em and they will come out looking amazing.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
wow with that hair i dunno why u bothered to t&r at all that hairs a dreadies dream it woulda dreaded overnigyt almost if alowed to go natural but your off to a great start anyway..omghg if a salon dared to dread perm that hair i woulda shaved em all bald and dyed theyre faces fgreen...your hairs meant to dread ..a dread perm on the perfect dreading hair? eeeek

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
DJ Salazar
@dj-salazar
14 years ago
23 posts
thanks, yeah I'm glad I didn't let them do something crazy like thatI can't wait to see the progress they've made in like six months, I'm sure I'll love them even more soaringeagle said:
wow with that hair i dunno why u bothered to t&r at all that hairs a dreadies dream it woulda dreaded overnigyt almost if alowed to go natural but your off to a great start anyway..omghg if a salon dared to dread perm that hair i woulda shaved em all bald and dyed theyre faces fgreen...
your hairs meant to dread ..a dread perm on the perfect dreading hair? eeeek
GoldenEagle
@goldeneagle
14 years ago
393 posts
You are off to a good start.If you haven't read the following thread, read it so that you don't get worried over what may happen as the weeks progress and your dreadlocks continue to mature. The first weeks of Dreading Reading the first post is all that is really needed. Seriously you are off to a good start all that is left is to keep your hair clean and pull sections apart if you don't want any congos.
Alicia
@alicia
14 years ago
68 posts
Wow..your first picture..holy hair! But yea..like SE said, your hair looks perfect for dreading. How lucky you are :) They look so awesome!
IllumiKnotty
@illumiknotty
14 years ago
212 posts
great improvement! haha ur hair definitely was wild before, now its a little bit more tame with these loxx!if they unravel, which they will btw, just dont do anything to your hair. not even if you want to wax, just dont do it.let nature do its course
DJ Salazar
@dj-salazar
14 years ago
23 posts
thanks, I haven't come across that thread so I'll take a look at itI've seen other people talk about congos but I'm not quite sure what that means exactly, what are they? GoldenEagle said:
You are off to a good start.

If you haven't read the following thread, read it so that you don't get worried over what may happen as the weeks progress and your dreadlocks continue to mature.

The first weeks of Dreading

Reading the first post is all that is really needed. Seriously you are off to a good start all that is left is to keep your hair clean and pull sections apart if you don't want any congos.
DJ Salazar
@dj-salazar
14 years ago
23 posts
hahah yeah it kinda felt like I was sometimes, I'm glad I don't have to worry about that anymore though heidi may said:
omg i love your before pic. it looks like you're being attacked by your own hair. lol.
DJ Salazar
@dj-salazar
14 years ago
23 posts
should I continue to try and TnR during the day if they start to unravel?thanks a lot, I'm ready for the beautiful chaos of nature to do whatever it wants with my hair haha IllumiKnotty said:
great improvement! haha ur hair definitely was wild before, now its a little bit more tame with these loxx!

if they unravel, which they will btw, just dont do anything to your hair. not even if you want to wax, just dont do it.

let nature do its course
 / 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form