Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

my dreading adventure thus far and it's only day one

DJ Salazar
@dj-salazar
14 years ago
23 posts
sweet thanks :) I guess I don't have to worry about how they'll turn out then Alicia said:
Wow..your first picture..holy hair! But yea..like SE said, your hair looks perfect for dreading. How lucky you are :) They look so awesome!

updated by @dj-salazar: 07/10/15 05:36:45AM
IllumiKnotty
@illumiknotty
14 years ago
212 posts
if your hair unravels itself, you can TRY to twist and rip again, but since it's already knotted in random places you wont be able to "slide" the knots all the way to the roots by the ripping, so it will be pointless. but if ur hair unraveled completely, then you are back on square one (in which case, yeah)
DJ Salazar
@dj-salazar
14 years ago
23 posts
it's not really unraveling but just in a few spots they're loose, TnR and palm rolling them seems to help a little bit though but as you said, it's hard cause of the knots that are closer to the tip.I'm not too worried yet, I think they'll be okay after some time they'll knot up when they're ready to IllumiKnotty said:
if your hair unravels itself, you can TRY to twist and rip again, but since it's already knotted in random places you wont be able to "slide" the knots all the way to the roots by the ripping, so it will be pointless. but if ur hair unraveled completely, then you are back on square one (in which case, yeah)
IllumiKnotty
@illumiknotty
14 years ago
212 posts
yeah there is nothing you can do to speed up this process. sorry.how often are you shampooing with residue free shampoo?u should try to "ween yourself off"first week wash every 2-3 dayssecond week every 3-4 daysthird week every 4-5 daysand etc etc etcyour goal is to wash it once a week, maybe twiceafter a while your hair will not get oily
DJ Salazar
@dj-salazar
14 years ago
23 posts
that's fine, I'm not trying to rush them :)actually I just bought some a couple hours ago so I'll start using it tomorrowone question I do have since we're on the topic, on the days I don't wash them should I wear a shower cap or will it be okay to let them get wet everyday? IllumiKnotty said:
yeah there is nothing you can do to speed up this process. sorry.

how often are you shampooing with residue free shampoo?

u should try to "ween yourself off"

first week wash every 2-3 days
second week every 3-4 days
third week every 4-5 days
and etc etc etc

your goal is to wash it once a week, maybe twice

after a while your hair will not get oily
IllumiKnotty
@illumiknotty
14 years ago
212 posts
sure! it will keep your scalp from drying/itchingdont treat your dreads like celebrities -- do what you would normally do.pretty much forget about them, throw all the mirrors in ur house away.feel around for congos and separate them (maybe invest in a summer tam)bamboo is natural anti fungal, absorbs swead/prevents mold
Emily
@emily
14 years ago
203 posts
woww nice shirt lol i want it. they look soo good for just one day awesome :) youre just gonna love them more and more as they grow and do their own thing.
DJ Salazar
@dj-salazar
14 years ago
23 posts
I saw something somewhere about a shower cap so I thought I'd askand what are congos exactly? I've heard of them and can make a guess at what they are but I'm not sureyeah I've been looking for a good tam and have seen a few I'd like to get but haven't made the purchase yet IllumiKnotty said:
sure! it will keep your scalp from drying/itching

dont treat your dreads like celebrities -- do what you would normally do.

pretty much forget about them, throw all the mirrors in ur house away.

feel around for congos and separate them (maybe invest in a summer tam)

bamboo is natural anti fungal, absorbs swead/prevents mold
DJ Salazar
@dj-salazar
14 years ago
23 posts
haha thanks, it's actually a band shirt from this local band in TX called Upon A Burning Body unfortunately it was a design they only used for a small west coast tour so there aren't many around hahathanks :) they turned out much better than I thought they would so I'm pretty pleased with them Emily said:
woww nice shirt lol i want it. they look soo good for just one day awesome :) youre just gonna love them more and more as they grow and do their own thing.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
congos are when 2 or more dreads get joined together

the king of congos lolbut funny thing is searching google images for dreads congos..the majority of images were from our site

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form