Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

lice a dreadlocks worse nightmare

Jessica
@jessica
14 years ago
70 posts
Inner city children are the best! It's definitely where my heart is. I fall in love with them every time i enter the classroom. soaringeagle said:
when i ran the lots of love garden (see thread in dreads as comminuty builders section) we ad biut 50 kids from underpriveledged omes inner city schools who were so far beind we started doing tutoring andf homework help sessions and really elped em improve alot

Jessica said:
haha i want to teach in a inner city school just because of that purpose.. i feel the children need you more cause a lot of their parents dont care.

dreadilocks said:
When I had my kid in the inner city schools it was always a problem, Parent don't care about their kids and send them to school in the same uniform day after day. They aren't going to spend the money to clean it up. Right after i cut my dreads I switched them to a suburban school.. never a problem since. Well my son did get them from batting helmets but not from the school.

Good luck with teaching. IDK if you'll be more at risk being a teacher. If you stay safe during lice times like wearing nice scarves and such. The school nurse at the school that had the lice problem said she even got them one year they were so bad. She was a black lady and they never get them unless it's an infestation. That particular school was. My kid only stayed there two and a half months and I got her outta that mess :)

Jessica said:
This idea scares me so much! About kids in school and having lice. Not fun at all! I hope I'm one of those lucky teachers.

One time i hung out with my friend and she has two kids and we were just playing and stuff and then like 10 minutes later she tells me one of her kids had lice the night before!! I was freaking out haha for like a week i thought i had it cause thinkin about it so much made my head super itchy. I made people check like 10 times. I know a friend that had dreads and had lice i will talk with him and get back to you to see what he did cause he still kept his.

updated by @jessica: 07/23/15 05:00:25PM
Jessica
@jessica
14 years ago
70 posts
I'm up for the challenge! Things get bad here, but im not too worried i know i can connect with any child no matter what the age. I can feel it in my heart! I dont plan to teach in Albany though. Once i graduate in a year and a half with a bacholers im out of here, Cant wait! dreadilocks said:
Maybe it's just here but my friends wife teaches in the city here and she has been stabbed and everything under that. She was kicked in her stomach when she was not yet showing but preg. The school eventually hired guards or security. We have kindergarteners bringing loaded hand guns to school and shooting teachers for giving them bad grades and stuff. I HAD to remove my kid from that insanity.

Much Good Luck if you get into a school of that caliber.
Matted Dew
@matted-dew
14 years ago
213 posts
My prayers go out to u SE,i kno for a fact u'll come out on top tho and stronger nonethelessNamaste
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
if i dont go insane or scratcfh troug my skull to my brain 1st..its bad

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Klete
@klete
14 years ago
47 posts
Consult the Elf Queen!! Lol
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
omg i pissed off a devil worshiper she cursed me with lice!!!!!!!!!! Klete said:

--
Klete
@klete
14 years ago
47 posts
Nah, it's just oklahoma soaringeagle said:
omg i pissed off a devil worshiper she cursed me with lice!!!!!!!!!!

Klete said:
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
i pissed off a bible thumper? Klete said:
Nah, it's just oklahoma

soaringeagle said:
omg i pissed off a devil worshiper she cursed me with lice!!!!!!!!!!

Klete said:

--
ratcakie
@ratcakie
14 years ago
60 posts
as the proud parent of 5 school age children head lice are something of a specialty aroung here. commercial poisons are shit and don't kill lice, chemicals just seem to stun them.your main goal is suffocation. with the kids i've found that cheap hair conditioner slathered on thick and left on overnight sorts em right out.......but that just aint gunna work with dreads. whatever you use needs to be thick enough to suffocate them. my suggestions: cooking oil (dunno how the oil would effect dreads...) aloe vera pulp? something thick and goopy that will stay in overnight. i'd also add a few drops of tea tree/ lavender or eucalyptus oil to the mix as a poisoning agent.if the lice have laid eggs you will need to repeat this process a minumum of every three days so any newly hatched lice are suffocated before they reach egg laying age.* lice will only lay eggs very close to the scalp so any eggs found on hair more than 1cm away from scalp have already hatched and u don't need to worry about them. if you keep suffocating the adults you really dont need to worry about brushing out anything* lice can only live for max 24 hours without feeding so it isn't absolutly necsessary to boil every thing in your house! i'd just make a point of soaking/washing any sheets/ pillow cases and hair accessories anything that can't be washed can be quarantined in a garbage bag for that 24 hrs until the lice starve
Kundalini Rise
@kundalini-rise
14 years ago
67 posts
Tea tree oil for the win.

/ 5

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form