Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

lice a dreadlocks worse nightmare

L-ray Sepulvado
@l-ray-sepulvado
14 years ago
25 posts
hey man, check this stuff i found on the dreadlocktruth website it sounds pretty good, http://dreadlocktruth.com/community/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=927
updated by @l-ray-sepulvado: 07/21/15 08:02:40AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
ok i wanted to fill u all in on wat we tried and ouyr experinces (mostly mine)1st off let me stresss one point, acting fast is very verty important!due to multiple disasters we were unable to act fast and several weeks went by wit only 1 barely effective treatment, and no housecleanning done, te result was te infestation getting extremely bad, and causing near insanity dealling wit the constant itchingi was picking out bugs bout 100 a day and burning em wit a lighterbut still it got worse and worse till my head was swollen and bloodyte semi effective ting we tried was mayonase, it killed some but cevy insisted i didnt need to treat beard or all of dreaDS ONLY TOP 3 inches so it killed just a few and te mayo was very hard to rince outinsanity prevention was only accomplised by constant teatree use, putting teatree al;l over my scalp prevented most bitting for a couple ours or so, allowinjg at least an ours sleep (for 2 weeks i didnt get more then an ours nap in now and ten)15 minafter teatree stopped preventing bites id be ripping my scalp to peices scratcing like crazy and cursing loudly involuntarilythey got worse and worse i was pulling most of te air around my ears out (easiest place to find alot to piuck out and burn) ten my neck trought shoulders arms started being bit up badly till i ad a severe ras like condition that burnedfinaly i eneded up moving out unable to deal wit it anymore (te house needed to be bombed, blankets and pillows were infested and were not being dealt with)so now im back in philly in a otel for 3 days and bug free finalysoon as i got ere i poured alcahol all over my hhead ..it burned so bad due to the condition of my scalp, but witin a minute it started raining dead bugs by te hundredsi planned on leaving it on 1/2 hour, but te burning was too intence so barely did 10 minutesbut it was enough, undreds more came out in te rincei followedr tat by pouring vinagar over my head..wic also burned very badly, left tat on only few min ten rinced and wased very tourougly wit dr bronners (citrus, all i ad i wis it was teatree)washing made it itc really bad wic made me scrub my scalp like a madmanall nigt and next day dead bugs were falling oout all te timeid find 20-30 on the bed every 10 minutesbut felt not 1 single bite or itch tat wasnt from the rash or scalp conditionnext day (today) i did a second treatment just to be sure, even shorter tough cause te burning was intencete ras especialy (going to see a dermentologist asap)afterwards washed with ead and souldersi got gold bond cream for the rash tinking it would elp..but oh god no it burned so intencely i was pounding my fist in pain and rubbing it off with a towelagain ill stress..if u get lice..act fast act torougly, do not let em go or it can get extreemely badbut alcahol will kill em fast and tourougly, vinagar will dissolve te eggs, and repeatting te treatment every 3 days for 9 days will break te birthh cyclke and rid u of bugs for good..without hhaving to cut dreads

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Matted Dew
@matted-dew
14 years ago
213 posts
deeeeeeauym!!! all i can say is im very happy u made through alive and with those locks still flowin!! whata nightmareeee.God bless n keep on soarin
Lord Panzer
@lord-panzer
14 years ago
12 posts
you could try dying them. A friend of mine got lice in his dreads, and they all died after dying the dreads, as there are LOADS of poison and shit in the chemicals they use...
Harmony
@harmony
14 years ago
2 posts
Hi, I have been at war with the lice for almost two months. I am commited though, I have been putting rubbing alcohol on every night after shower wrapping locks in a bag, all night some nights, anywhere from thirty minutes to hours other times. then I slather my head with coconut oil, tea tree oil, eucalyptus oil, ( I have heard rosemary oil is good too), sometimes I use diluted listerine, and leave it on.Now atleast once a day I boil a pot of water and dip my dreads. then once a day I go through my head and pick out any eggs. I don't know where these things came from, but they are not taking my hair or getting on anyone elses's head. I was doing these procedures every other day or three days, and not delousing my head in some way every day, well they would be gone for a day and then full force, so for the next month this will be my routine until I boil my hair and nothing comes out. Good luck let me know how long it takes you!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
get neem seed oil toothe alcohol vinager neem seed oil did the trick for mewash everything treat your furniyureuse enough alcohol that the fumes are overwhelming so breath thru a tube or wrap it up but u should only need it on 1/2 an hour not overnightbetween treatments teatree and neem seeed oil appliesd to the scalpthe goal is sufocation they gotta be breathing alcohil fumes with not much airso it needs to be enough to nearly overwhelm u so thats why u need to wrap up or breath thru a tube so u get clean air while denying them anythats not easy when u gotta treat a beard too..lolso i just sucked in tiny tiny breathes and mostly tried not breathing fir 20 minutes..lol

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Harmony
@harmony
14 years ago
2 posts
Thanx, congrats on defeating the bugs!! soaringeagle said:
get neem seed oil too
the alcohol vinager neem seed oil did the trick for me

wash everything treat your furniyure
use enough alcohol that the fumes are overwhelming so breath thru a tube or wrap it up but u should only need it on 1/2 an hour not overnight
between treatments teatree and neem seeed oil appliesd to the scalp

the goal is sufocation they gotta be breathing alcohil fumes with not much air
so it needs to be enough to nearly overwhelm u so thats why u need to wrap up or breath thru a tube so u get clean air while denying them any

thats not easy when u gotta treat a beard too..lol
so i just sucked in tiny tiny breathes and mostly tried not breathing fir 20 minutes..lol
colbi godlove
@colbi-godlove
14 years ago
48 posts
cutting off a 20 yr old dread would be the worst thing eveR! lol brooke blinebry said:
that sucks man!! I would cut off one of your dreads and see if they have made it on the inside yet...cause if they are there the NITS can survive anything...hopefully you all have caught it soon enough. I have battled this before (many times) and last year when my 6 year old brought them home from school I caught them fast enough not to get infested...just be sure you clesn your whole house anything you cant wash has to be put in garbage bags for at least a week! Ill keep asking around for more ideas.
Pranee RN
@pranee-rn
14 years ago
23 posts
I have used Dawn dish detergent mixed with tea tree oil on my dog for fleas and on my kids for lice, works every time! Just let it sit for a while (very wet for about 5-10 minutes) good luck!!!
dani2
@dani2
14 years ago
51 posts
some month ago i had also experience with the louse, as my youngest took them from school, because its here in holland such common, i asked also for some methods and started even a topic here :)), anyhow, the seed oil was not possible here for me to buy, and as i needed to be quick, we have used the lotion what you can buy, chemical stuff, most terrible, think the mayonaise i would prefor lolall possible to wash was in the backyard oooooo so much too wash, could not see much plants behind the mountains of things, my washing machine stoped on the second day, but lucky for me, i could get the machine work for me again :Din germany i have bought later Neem hair tonique, they told me that this will work too, not have experience with it, but just in case to avoid the lotion, i already have in homealso i heard to use coconut oil, the louse not like at all, even so, it kill them as they cant breathi love the smell and lucky my youngest too :))

/ 5

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form