14 years ago
70 posts
oh boy! Good luck!
updated by @jessica: 07/23/15 05:09:41AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
mayo takes weeks of washing to get out of straigt air tats why i rejected tatunfortunately no time to treat it today..argh/..and kept me awake all nighttomoro..i.ll ve insane by then..but then its genoside time..picked 5 outta just a 1 inch area of sideburn..yuck..a baby too.. brittney said:
ahhhh! oh no, man that really sucks. hope everything works out for you guys! i know when i was younger me and my sister had lice and my mother didnt want to get the kit because all the chemicals and cause it was so expensive so she soaked mayo all over our hair and put it in a hair net and it worked just fine. im not really sure how well it would work for dreaded hair. and honestly i would try that last because mayo is so discusting!! =P

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
green bean
@green-bean
14 years ago
57 posts
hahaha id say that you absolutely need to get that taken care of. i hope that never happens to me, what are some ways of preventing the buggers from invading your dreads? hey man, you'll get them out, no worries! just a matter of time. =) and yeah i just think the mayo suffocates them but it sucks cause it makes your hair smell and oily and you have to leave it on for like three hours!! soaringeagle said:
mayo takes weeks of washing to get out of straigt air tats why i rejected tat
unfortunately no time to treat it today..argh/..and kept me awake all nighttomoro..i.ll ve insane by then..but then its genoside time..picked 5 outta just a 1 inch area of sideburn..yuck..a baby too.. brittney said:
ahhhh! oh no, man that really sucks. hope everything works out for you guys! i know when i was younger me and my sister had lice and my mother didnt want to get the kit because all the chemicals and cause it was so expensive so she soaked mayo all over our hair and put it in a hair net and it worked just fine. im not really sure how well it would work for dreaded hair. and honestly i would try that last because mayo is so discusting!! =P
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
teatree oil prevents em, so does rosemary i think..not sure to but teatree definaately brittney said:
hahaha id say that you absolutely need to get that taken care of. i hope that never happens to me, what are some ways of preventing the buggers from invading your dreads? hey man, you'll get them out, no worries! just a matter of time. =) and yeah i just think the mayo suffocates them but it sucks cause it makes your hair smell and oily and you have to leave it on for like three hours!!

soaringeagle said:
mayo takes weeks of washing to get out of straigt air tats why i rejected tat
unfortunately no time to treat it today..argh/..and kept me awake all night tomoro..i.ll ve insane by then..but then its genoside time..picked 5 outta just a 1 inch area of sideburn..yuck..a baby too..

brittney said:

--
Jessica
@jessica
14 years ago
70 posts
This idea scares me so much! About kids in school and having lice. Not fun at all! I hope I'm one of those lucky teachers.One time i hung out with my friend and she has two kids and we were just playing and stuff and then like 10 minutes later she tells me one of her kids had lice the night before!! I was freaking out haha for like a week i thought i had it cause thinkin about it so much made my head super itchy. I made people check like 10 times. I know a friend that had dreads and had lice i will talk with him and get back to you to see what he did cause he still kept his.
GratefulNick
@gratefulnick
14 years ago
155 posts
I don't personally have any experience with getting rid of lice. Lice tend to like the straight hair which for dreadies this tends to be the hair closest to the scalp or side burns.You could do the dish washing soap and the acv first but if worst comes to worst I would do the alcohol . You will want to repeat this a few times. Nothing not even commercial lice shampoo can kill the lice eggs. You just have to keep killing them as they hatch. Also you can ACV get rid of alot of the alcohol smell. Good luck man.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
you'll be fine just put 10 drops teatree oil in your shampoo bottle and you should never get lice or use dr bronners teatree oil soapthats why i never had em b4 always used teatree, but havent lately now im paying for it..from now on ill always use it..witout fail

--
Jessica
@jessica
14 years ago
70 posts
haha i want to teach in a inner city school just because of that purpose.. i feel the children need you more cause a lot of their parents dont care. dreadilocks said:
When I had my kid in the inner city schools it was always a problem, Parent don't care about their kids and send them to school in the same uniform day after day. They aren't going to spend the money to clean it up. Right after i cut my dreads I switched them to a suburban school.. never a problem since. Well my son did get them from batting helmets but not from the school.

Good luck with teaching. IDK if you'll be more at risk being a teacher. If you stay safe during lice times like wearing nice scarves and such. The school nurse at the school that had the lice problem said she even got them one year they were so bad. She was a black lady and they never get them unless it's an infestation. That particular school was. My kid only stayed there two and a half months and I got her outta that mess :)

Jessica said:
This idea scares me so much! About kids in school and having lice. Not fun at all! I hope I'm one of those lucky teachers.

One time i hung out with my friend and she has two kids and we were just playing and stuff and then like 10 minutes later she tells me one of her kids had lice the night before!! I was freaking out haha for like a week i thought i had it cause thinkin about it so much made my head super itchy. I made people check like 10 times. I know a friend that had dreads and had lice i will talk with him and get back to you to see what he did cause he still kept his.
Jessica
@jessica
14 years ago
70 posts
For sure I'm definitely gonna start doing that!! I'll have to go to the food Co op tomorrow maybe they have it. Thanks for the advice!! I am sure everything will turn out just fine:) Your dreads are full of love and too strong to let some lice buggies bring them down!! soaringeagle said:
you'll be fine just put 10 drops teatree oil in your shampoo bottle and you should never get lice or use dr bronners teatree oil soap
thats why i never had em b4 always used teatree, but havent lately now im paying for it..from now on ill always use it..witout fail
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
when i ran the lots of love garden (see thread in dreads as comminuty builders section) we ad biut 50 kids from underpriveledged omes inner city schools who were so far beind we started doing tutoring andf homework help sessions and really elped em improve alot Jessica said:
haha i want to teach in a inner city school just because of that purpose.. i feel the children need you more cause a lot of their parents dont care.

dreadilocks said:
When I had my kid in the inner city schools it was always a problem, Parent don't care about their kids and send them to school in the same uniform day after day. They aren't going to spend the money to clean it up. Right after i cut my dreads I switched them to a suburban school.. never a problem since. Well my son did get them from batting helmets but not from the school.

Good luck with teaching. IDK if you'll be more at risk being a teacher. If you stay safe during lice times like wearing nice scarves and such. The school nurse at the school that had the lice problem said she even got them one year they were so bad. She was a black lady and they never get them unless it's an infestation. That particular school was. My kid only stayed there two and a half months and I got her outta that mess :)

Jessica said:
This idea scares me so much! About kids in school and having lice. Not fun at all! I hope I'm one of those lucky teachers.

One time i hung out with my friend and she has two kids and we were just playing and stuff and then like 10 minutes later she tells me one of her kids had lice the night before!! I was freaking out haha for like a week i thought i had it cause thinkin about it so much made my head super itchy. I made people check like 10 times. I know a friend that had dreads and had lice i will talk with him and get back to you to see what he did cause he still kept his.

--

/ 5

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form