Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Favorite Place to live...

☮Izzy-licious☮
@izzy-licious
14 years ago
183 posts
I am looking to move somewhere where there are actually 4 seasons... My favorite seasons are Spring and Autumn In Arizona we get summer and spring... not much else... I want to find a place with beautiful people that are like me and respect art and culture. Yes there is some of that here but I miss the seasons terribly and want to go on an adventure! Anyone have a suggestion of a great place to go... Where is your favorite place to live? What kind of culture can you find there? How is the housing costs and costs of living? Job Market? Any info you can share is so appreciated. I just heard about a beautiful place called Coure d' Alene Idaho and I want to know what other kind of places like it are out there! :D
updated by @izzy-licious: 02/05/18 01:14:36AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
oregonits so freaking green and beautiful marbe cause of the constant oregon sunshine (meaning rain) the scene culture and people are amazingmontana just cayse theres nothing there but wide open spaces and mountainsmissourri the ppl are kindsaa hickish in places but the nicest ppl u will meethere here there a lot lot lot of culture and stuff to do but i lived here all my life so sick of it..lolcolorodo..no need to explain..oh ..overallridgewood wv.. tiny town very very very cheap houses (u can but a 40 room bread and breakcfast for less then 1/4 the price of a tiny 1 bedroom condo just bout anywhjere else) lots of art and culturethe toewns mostly a rainbow town might even have a rainbow mayor now (did b4 too but he moved)job matket well theyre trying tio start a rainbow economy there alotta artsy crafty shops organic farms bartewering etc theres not alotta other jobs thats why houses are so damn cheap(theres only 1 realtor..rainbowweaver a muralists whos done alot of murals there started a art gallery and even did murals on the trash trucks..rainboweaver takes no commissions on real estate deals just likes helping more rainbows move there

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Bird
@bird
14 years ago
74 posts
before even seeing SE's response, i would recommend oregon as well. There is a bit more rain than i'm sure you're used to... but the summers are beautiful and the autumns are spectacular!I'm biased cause i'm from here... but oregon has a bit of everthing to offer. If you still want a bit of the desert feel, there is central oregon (madras, bend, sisters etc..), There are mountains, beaches, forests galore (oregon coast is SOOOOOOO beautiful!).look into it! and if you have any questions, i'll try to help :)
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
oregons my favehot sprigs waterfallsdrweadheads great forrests funky towns (ashlands funky admit it..but i love it)poerland and colorado springs are the only 2 cities ive ever been in where when ppl witnessed a crime they didnt shout "help police" they yelled "shante sena" (shanta sena is how we police ourselves at a gathering if theres trouble u shout it and everyone comes running to help) only in portaland and colorado springs have i ever seen this in action on a city..and was a beautiful thing

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
GreyGargoyle
@greygargoyle
14 years ago
569 posts
Idaho is a safe bet. It's a very good place to live when it comes to opportunity and it's pretty damn pretty at that. But I'm moving to Washington just because it's gorgeous...=)
☮Izzy-licious☮
@izzy-licious
14 years ago
183 posts
Thanks for the info guys I am looking up info on all of these places. iF the opportunity comes up for me to move I am hoping to go to one of these places... we will see... my fingers are crossed. As much as I like the "sort of" mild weather (no crazy winters etc.) in az I am bored with it and every 10 years I think it's good to make a change and I miss the 4 seasons and need a change! ;) It will be different not living near any family but I think it's worth the adventure! You only live once! Well at least in this life! ;)
Bird
@bird
14 years ago
74 posts
i think you'd really enjoy oregon... at least visit to see. There are definitely some areas with less than progressive people, but cities like portland, eugene, ashland, some coast cities and bend, joseph etc are really cool! Izzy-licious said:
Thanks for the info guys I am looking up info on all of these places. iF the opportunity comes up for me to move I am hoping to go to one of these places... we will see... my fingers are crossed. As much as I like the "sort of" mild weather (no crazy winters etc.) in az I am bored with it and every 10 years I think it's good to make a change and I miss the 4 seasons and need a change! ;) It will be different not living near any family but I think it's worth the adventure! You only live once! Well at least in this life! ;)
Akal Sahai
@akal-sahai
14 years ago
39 posts
Oregon! Portland is a majorly "green" city, and the overall aspect is very environmental, outdoorsy, and tolerant. Eastern Oregon is more conservative generally, but the coastal range is beautiful, there's high desert, mountains, beautiful waterfalls, valleys, you name it. I grew up in California, lived in WA state, FL, a little bit in Idaho, and we choose Portland for our home because it's got a great vibe for us. Lots to do, indoors and out. Lots of rain granted, but there are definitely four distinct seasons, and that's one reason I love it here.Lots of people like Eugene and Ashland too for the cultures that thrive in those areas, in addition to Portland.Minimum wage is about $8.50 or so I think, housing is costly right in the city (portland), but there's plenty of open land and cool little places to live that are affordable. The city is built in neighborhoods here, so you've got lots of walkability to them, and each part of town has it's own characteristics and grooves. Each is it's own community.Here in Portland there's a huge support for local businesses, eco businesses, local farmers, etc. That's another thing I love about it here. It's very open to different lifestyles and choices.Lots of festivals all over Oregon each year too. Obviously I'm pretty into Oregon, but it's a nice stop along the path of life, that's for sure :)
Akal Sahai
@akal-sahai
14 years ago
39 posts
Oh, to be fair to other places, my sister lives in Nevada City CA and loves it there. She's a Yogi and jewelry artist among other things and really likes the local community there in the Sierra Nevada mountains. I haven't been there yet, but the way she describes it, it sounds like a cool little community to live in.
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
Take a road trip and check out the vibes in a few different places. You need to experience for yourself if somewhere is right for you! Have fun make it your adventure! Blessings & Good Luck
updated by @naturalwomyn: 07/13/15 11:49:59AM
 / 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form