Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Favorite Place to live...

Lizzy Rue
@lizzy-rue
14 years ago
12 posts
Central NY is awesome in the summer. Ithaca has som really nice gorges, I just went simming in one yesterday. There are pretty awesome waterfalls too. I've never been to oregon, but from the sound of it you should def go there :)
Bird
@bird
14 years ago
74 posts
also wondering if you've considered Flagstaff? It is in your state and they get lots of snow! it's a really awesome town if you've never been. I have really cool family there, so i get to visit :)
☮Izzy-licious☮
@izzy-licious
14 years ago
183 posts
I have been there I suppose it is a good alternative I guess I want to get further away from az. I am very tempted to move there too but unless I am going to NAU there is no point. I haven't looked into it yet I should see if there is a Sign Language Interpreter program up there. That is what I am going to be starting soon. The only only place I know of that has it is Phoenix College. If they do I think I would be there in a heart beat assuming I could find a job... :/ Bird said:
also wondering if you've considered Flagstaff? It is in your state and they get lots of snow! it's a really awesome town if you've never been. I have really cool family there, so i get to visit :)
lisa
@lisa
14 years ago
1 posts
something even waayyy better ,, TRAVEL!!! u can see sooo much anything && everything girlie!!!! =) i so want to do that
DJ Salazar
@dj-salazar
14 years ago
23 posts
from personal experience can I say, rule out Arizona before you even go? haha, I just moved from there (Mesa, Phoenix, Tempe, Scottsdale, Glendale) to Colorado a few months ago and so far I love my decision. Arizona heat is unbearable, it's summer 3/4ths of the year and fall the rest of the time. Colorado you can experience all four seasons in a day and rain three separate times in a day, beautiful hiking/backpacking scenery, some great kayaking, and of course it's fantastic for winter sports if that's you're forte. although around Aurora and Denver I've gotten some negative responses about my dreadies, stretched ears, tattoos, and such but if closed-minded people don't bother you it's AWESOME to be here if you haven't been before
☮Izzy-licious☮
@izzy-licious
14 years ago
183 posts
Lol I already live there I moved to phoenix when I was 10 cuz I didn't have much of a choice when I was 19 I moved to Tucson for school lived there 2 and a half years and now I am back in phoenix. I'm tempted to go to flag cuz I know I love it up there but I am with out the funds for anything right now. I would love to pay off my debts and save to travel or just do my traveling by moving around the country. I have discovered however that I do not like being alone. My roommate and I work opposite schedules and 2 of my 4 work days I sit alone in my office then come home and sit alone in my apt. Only have 2 friends in phoenix one I live with the other a guy I've liked forever and don't want to scare him off by constantly calling him. So if I were to travel or move to a new place for my sanity and health (I sink into a deep depression) I should travel with a friend. Of course don't have many I can do it with. I figure get in shape and get active ill meet like minded people who want to travel and make new friends. Until them I'm making my list of u.s. places I need to go then perhaps expand to different countries. Its a huge plan but I figure ya gotta start with a plan and take baby steps to make it happen.
Rachel Guthrie
@rachel-guthrie
14 years ago
36 posts
Yeah, I heard Idaho has intense seasons :) And its really, really pretty.
nicoleina
@nicoleina
14 years ago
9 posts
cda may just be perfect for you as long as you can deal with tourists. the lake is BEAUTIFUL, there is an underground feel among the youthful crowd, and that is where i was when i started my dreads. pretty cheap. some great little houses near downtown. i was only there for the summer though, and personally highly dislike the cold so i would never stay year round. the beginning of fall sure was splendid though. i'm from the pacific northwest (port townsend wa)- nothing beats that place.
MattMan
@mattman
14 years ago
2 posts
As drab and boring as some of the areas are, southern Ontario in Canada actually has a beautiful country side and most people are quite friendly in among the smaller towns. We experience all four seasons as well. Beautiful autumns and occasionally harsh winters plus warm sunny summers and there are lots of near by fresh water beaches around the great lakes. There are a ton of artistic and open minded people in the tri-cities area(Kitchener, Waterloo, Cambridge) the area has two universities and a college. Cost of living is pretty reasonable but housing costs in the cities can be quite expensive.
Andrew Harder
@andrew-harder
14 years ago
33 posts
ive grown up 40 miles north of CDA and let me just say its amazing!!! id warn you its not always easy to find work up there, it can be an expensive place to live but i love it. some surrounding areas are alot cheaper. take a trip, check it out if you can. ive spent a bit of time around portland too. mostly up around mt hood but only for summer snowboarding trips. also a very beautiful area. colorado is impressive, rugged country but i dont ever want to live there. too many people, its high and very dry. i feel like i get a friendlier vibe overall in the northwest, thats where i intend to spend the rest of my life. hope that helps
updated by @andrew-harder: 07/23/15 01:44:20AM

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form