Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

assholes at work

cody1886
@cody1886
14 years ago
97 posts
I started a job today and a few people were giving me a hard time.they kept asking me why i want to be black. And how hard it is going to be to find another job. And it looks like shit. They said anybody with dreadlocks look like theivs and drug users. So i said well my hair is my own buisnes and nobody elses. I dont get in ur buisness. Then i said look at ur fucked up teeth. Their is no hat to cover that shit up. Fat ass. Sorry guys im just venting. Wondering if their is a different way to handle this.
updated by @cody1886: 02/15/15 07:07:42AM
Island Mamma
@island-mamma
14 years ago
530 posts
Jeesh people say the stupidest things
Faelwynn
@faelwynn
14 years ago
362 posts
Seriously though, don't let it bother you... because karma, my friend, is a bitch.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
smile and say hair can be combed if i choose but stupidity lasts foreveror just smile and say u know..my doctor has beutiful dreads maybe i'll take his job.. what will u do when u no longer can flip burgers or (whatever lame menial job he does)

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Marie Kuby
@marie-kuby
14 years ago
1 posts
Sorry to hear what you are going through. They might be just testing you out, to see your reaction.Another way of handling this is to turn it into humor. Where you use some of their words spoken in your reply back to them in an amusing joking way, but naturally not one that they can be offended by, as they have to get the joke too. This takes practice, but through time it will come automatic to you.They said anybody with dreadlocks look like theivs and drug users.Possible reply, said with a smile on face and amusing tone in voice:"Ah well, I wouldn't know about that, as I don't mix with thieves and drug users, but I guess you do to know that!"And it looks like shit.Possible reply, again said with a smile on face and amusing tone in voice:"Oh you study shit a lot do you?"If you can't think of anything amusing to say, just smile back at them in reply, and continue with your work, that way you are letting them know that you are not bothered by what they are saying to you. As soon as they see you are not bothered they will more likely than not stop doing it.
Jammmeeesss(:
@jammmeeesss
14 years ago
34 posts
Proven Fact: people who tease/bully Others are big pussy's to begin with.Handle them ;Dthen again, in truth that would'nt be the smartest thing to do.Best thing to do is record them or something, and show it to your boss.
neil coe
@neil-coe
14 years ago
361 posts
i would just say thanks, cause sometimes the best thing to do is kill them with kindness, smile, and once they see it dont effect you they will just stop, if that dont work and the remarks keep going on, then i would kindly tell them, "look what i do with my own hair is by business, but if i really must explain so one of your mind can understand, then im dreading for religious purposes.... and if you guys are going to keep up with your childish ways and comments then im going to have to file a harassment complaint against you... harassment is a serious thing....oh and how hard will it be for you to find another job..........." but thats just me
Mikey Mikez
@mikey-mikez
14 years ago
90 posts
u obviously work with stupid idiots...change the job..
Iain
@iain
14 years ago
844 posts
usually you have to do your best not to be an ass back, though I know anytime anyone tries to pull that whole "OH YOU TRIEEEN TO BE BLACK OR SOMETHING" card on me, my heart immediately starts racing as I contain myself from going off on them and ranting about how full of shit they are.tell them you keep your hair clean which is more than most people could even say (least its cleaner than theirs anyways :P )and that they are more important to you than w/e false social stigma they have built up in their mind. let alone that dreadlocks occur without effort in ALL HUMAN HAIR, doesn't matter what color you are.... /facepalm
Jdwood
@jdwood
14 years ago
275 posts
I totally agree with this one, this is the best way IMO. In Quebec we have very strict harassment laws just that kind of comment would be enough here to get someone reprimanded you don't even need a religious reason if someone is mocking you because of your appearance and does not stop after being told he can get fired. neil coe said:
i would just say thanks, cause sometimes the best thing to do is kill them with kindness, smile, and once they see it dont effect you they will just stop, if that dont work and the remarks keep going on, then i would kindly tell them, "look what i do with my own hair is by business, but if i really must explain so one of your mind can understand, then im dreading for religious purposes.... and if you guys are going to keep up with your childish ways and comments then im going to have to file a harassment complaint against you... harassment is a serious thing....oh and how hard will it be for you to find another job..........." but thats just me
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form