Dreadlocks Forums

Baking Soda and Sea Salt ratios

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

you caN BUT THERES NO NEED if u can wait 2 days its better probly

JH said:

hi, my dreads are a days old. could i do a rinse that early?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 07/23/15 03:14:01PM
JH
@jh
12 years ago
4 posts

Thanks SE for the reply, but im living in the tropics and the temperature is sweltering. Can i just rinse my head with water?

soaring eagle said:

you caN BUT THERES NO NEED if u can wait 2 days its better probly

JH said:

hi, my dreads are a days old. could i do a rinse that early?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

ofcourse i do that constantly when its hot

yesterday was rubbing ice cubes on my scalp to keep my brain from boiling

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Carlos Baca
@carlos-baca
12 years ago
7 posts

do I have to rinse the sea saltacceleratorout of my hair or can i let it stay in when in a rush?

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

if you're in a rush, you shouldn't use it. Sea salt should only be used no more than 2 hours before you wash your hair. It should not be left in or used otherwise.

Sea salt will dry out your hair, and if left in long term, it'll dry out your scalp something fierce. This can cause uncontrollable itchyness

christina popejoy
@christina-popejoy
12 years ago
91 posts

hey guys! So im about to do another BS wash! Cant wait but I have to as to get over the hard water here. I've boiled it to mix the bs in now I gotta wait for the solution to cool down alot. It really works using boiling water to mix. Is this is bad idea tho? As the BS fizzes loads when i do it??

Heather
@heather
12 years ago
1,291 posts
its supposed to fizz.
christina popejoy
@christina-popejoy
12 years ago
91 posts

oops haha! Its just the stupid water here means its never done that before! OOOooo How Exciting! All washed now feels great. I finally found a big tub of BS now so I can wash moreoftenwith it. How long are newbies supposed to wash with the BS/ ACV i've been dreading for 3mnths now. Thanks for your reply heather :)

Heather
@heather
12 years ago
1,291 posts
you can wash whenever you want. just make sure your dreads are completely dry before washing them again. I've always washed every 3-4 days. some people wash more often. its personal preference really. The nice thing about bs washes is you don't really need to touch your hair. just pour on and let it sit a few minutes and then rinse.
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

I'm going to Ireland on Thursday. I hope the BS wash will work over there. I guess I'll try boiling it first. I'll be staying at B&B's so I'll have access to boiled water.

Just wondering,cause I've never had a problem with BS before.

And yeah, you can wash it whenever you want. I used to wash once a week. Now I do every 2-3 days. It's personal preference. Just be sure they are completely dry before you get them wet again

/ 9

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form