Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

dreads from braiding

Jevon
@jevon
14 years ago
5 posts

really doing tha...what was done in the video is bad??

updated by @jevon: 07/22/15 08:53:18PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts

lets see what your hair lookslike now 1st of all

but all u want to do is decide if u wsny to define the sections or let nature define them for you

of u want to then twist the sections in and leave em alone

or let nature do it all for you

interlocking gas always been known as 1 of the worse things u can do all it does is creates weak spots that are likly to break

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Designed to be Buried
@designed-to-be-buried
14 years ago
7 posts

HAHAHA "nappy african hair?" lololol sorry that is good shit... my drummer is half black and he wishes he had enough hair to dread (he's 24 and balding bad, poor guy)... be glad you even have hair to dread and be patient.... no super glue, no braids, no wax.... your not dealing with the standard hair but be glad its half cooperative (<--- half black joke lolol im as big a closet racist as soaringeagle... just messin :) braiding finished dreads can help them congo for sho... but doesnt do much for strait hair.... just search through the other discussions on this site and you'll find everything you need to have awesome dreads, but if your lookin for an instant dread technique.... your in the wrong spot

Jevon said:

actually i said the braids would be about an inch and half to 2 inches long son

soaringeagle said:

did you already add glue to your hair if so u have to cut that off also it will not dread till it gets longer no matter what u do its only an inch only nappy african hair will dread that short

oh wait your 1/2 black ok it might dread short can u post a picrure

but yea glue is very bad

u can twist it into sections then just let it dread

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts

huh what are u talking about standard hair all hair will dread fine if u just leave it alone

and wether your in a closet or not being a racist in any way around heres gonna get u in alotta arguments and trouble

--
Designed to be Buried
@designed-to-be-buried
14 years ago
7 posts

o chill out dude.... half black hair is a little different to work with just like the kid said.... i am agreeing with you but ur just mad cause i am poking fun at YOUR POLITICLY INCORRECT statement.... anyone with a sense of humor can see that ;) even "nappy haired africans" lololol

but for cereal.... i would just research and let your hair take its natural path before you try anything with glue, wax, or anything else bad for your hair jevon

soaringeagle said:

huh what are u talking about standard hair all hair will dread fine if u just leave it alone

and wether your in a closet or not being a racist in any way around heres gonna get u in alotta arguments and trouble

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts

whatever

the whole point is is his hair will dread best if he doesnt braid it or glue it no matter what the hairs like

the only difference the hair type makes is if twists will work ot not and thew ammount of mosture or dryness that will aide in dreading

but since natural would be the best way to go anyways then how to wash and with what is the only real concern

but since hes considering braids and glue im assumming he wont go natural and since hed think sbout interlocking im sure he wouldnt so

that leaves a choice between twists twist and rip or backcomb

so we need a picture to determine the exact nature of his hair and decide which iss the best option

if its more on the asian side twist and rip id its more curly thick then twists will work well

if its straighter tnr will do the trick

--
Designed to be Buried
@designed-to-be-buried
14 years ago
7 posts

i think the most important thing is to take your time... Love your hair and love who you are... anything negative people say is just a reflection of their inner hate for themselves... post a pic and listen to soaringeagle... he knows his shit ;) Good luck Jevon

j.boy
@jboy
14 years ago
47 posts

from first hand experience..braids suck at dreading.i braided 3 of mine and finished the rest with t&r.in a few months they will be a year old..the ones i twisted and ripd dreaded fine...only one of the dreads i kept afterundoing the other because of the slow progress...thebraid has givin me alot of problems and looks like shit..it started to braid from the root with the rest of it being loose lumpy and some wut a pain in the ass sloppy lookin braid..

honestly if i wasnt this far in ..i would undo it and twist and rip it..its my negative dreadie wich has been the victim of alot of verbal abuse..lol..

now that i think about while typing this..ive come to realize it is my favorite..lol its trouble

dreadlockedlady
@dreadlockedlady
14 years ago
39 posts

Depending on your hair texture, the braid pattern will go away with time. Check my pics. You can't even tell there was ever a braid in MY hair. But my texture is different than yours. Even two people with similar hair textures will have different results.

Also, don't even think about super glue.

As far as the other comments in this thread, I'm SMDH but it is to be expected on this site.

Valerie
@valerie
14 years ago
39 posts

just get some twists nd dont touch them.

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form