Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

dreads from braiding

Natty Dave
@natty-dave
14 years ago
56 posts
you can start your dreads via braids, but it may take a bit of time; i know a girl who started hers that way and said she rubbed the outside of them to cause the loose hairs to knot, i'm not really sure of the specifics but they look decent, although thin, and they may always look like braids.all the other shit is just though man, you don't want glue in your hair that's just silly, and interlocking/root flipping is just terrible, and if you don't believe anyone here, you can read any number of dready sites and they will tell you the same i'm sure, get up dread up on live journal and dreadlocktruth both have additional info and every site i have ever looked at says do not root flip/interlock, and products are bad, be it wax, lock peppa, honey or super glue, if it's sticky, you don't want it in your hairalso, me and my friends have used glue and shit in out hair back in the day and it's nightmare man, a friend of mine used wood glue and he couldn't get it out so he had to sleep on the side on the side of his head because he was afraid it would make his hawk break.
updated by @natty-dave: 07/09/15 04:59:47PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts

u see u got 2 choices here leave in braids and glue and in a year have 1 inch dreads with 2 inch braids on the ends and sharp glue tips that poke your shoulders and face constantly

or

cut off the glued tips and in 2 or 3 months have fully dreaded dreads

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Designed to be Buried
@designed-to-be-buried
14 years ago
7 posts
SMDH? haha all in good fun. thats awesome u did your hair with braids they look great. if Jevon has similarl hair he prolly could use braids (but 86 the glue). your front dreads are the shit did u braid those too?

dreadlockedlady said:

Depending on your hair texture, the braid pattern will go away with time. Check my pics. You can't even tell there was ever a braid in MY hair. But my texture is different than yours. Even two people with similar hair textures will have different results.

Also, don't even think about super glue.

As far as the other comments in this thread, I'm SMDH but it is to be expected on this site.

Crystal O.
@crystal-o
14 years ago
137 posts
I may be being silly here, but wouldn't glue prevent water from getting out the tips of the hair, causing the hair to hold water after getting wet, thus increasing the chance of mildew to grow inside the braids? Just one reason I wouldn't use the glue, although I would not need reason. I don't think this is a good idea, honestly, If you are dead-set on braiding, go for it and let us know how it works out for you, but please don't put glue in your hair. My hair is cringing just thinking about it!

/ 3
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form