Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

loctician dread disaster (yet again)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts

and the totle change was not a attack on you it was to help thousands of others to9 avoid the mistakes u made thats all

we are just trying to save your dreads from some incredibly bad advice

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 07/22/15 10:03:41PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts

nd this

http://www.dreadlockssite.com/forum/topics/dreaducation-comprehensive

\read that 1st

then this

http://www.dreadlockssite.com/page/twist-and-rip-method-dreading

and this

http://www.dreadlockssite.com/page/natural-neglect-freeform

then pick a method that will actualy work and result in dreads (plural not singular)

i was trying to find a girlds discussion of what happened when she hepy hers in a pony tail but couldnt

she was in agony after trying to salvage it wait i think i remember who it was let me try again to find it

--
Chels ;)
@chels
14 years ago
37 posts

both of my sisters are cosmotologists..one of them works in a really nice salon. she used to yel at me everytime i had my hair in a ponytail. all it does is weaken your roots and causes masive breakage.it puts all the weight ternsion on the part of your scalpabove the middle of the eye brows. alot of wemon (men to i geuss) have had pre mature balding b/c of it

Tyler said:

this is what its like out of the ponytail, so whats the advice?

also, you dont think tieing them up for a little to strengthen the roots is a good idea? your the master so i wont dispute, ive just had a few of my jamaican friends insisting

Tyler2
@tyler2
14 years ago
19 posts
Just becasue someone considers themselves a "loctician" doesnt mean that they work at a salon. Ive taken all rubber bands out. The roots arent tied together so I have a lot of little strands that are curly and fairly tight. I'll take a picture
Tyler2
@tyler2
14 years ago
19 posts

I was told by many people not to wash for a while..

Tim Sides said:

have you tried washing yet?

Tyler2
@tyler2
14 years ago
19 posts

ok pic up

Tyler2
@tyler2
14 years ago
19 posts

pics

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts

this is whsat u would have ended up with id u left it in the ponytail for 2 months

a mess

and alot of pain to pull it apart

--

updated by @soaring-eagle: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts

i would wash them gently with the baking soda and if they hold dsections great they will dread if they dont then twist and rip and they will dreead

or let them go natural andthey will dread

if u dont wash twists all u will have is dirty twists

--
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts

my last set of dreads were ruined because I wore them in a ponytail too often. It got to the point where I couldn't comfortably wear them down. So really keeping them up all the time, especially early on, is some of the worst advice I've ever heard.

/ 4

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form