Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

loctician dread disaster (yet again)

Brandon Arnold
@brandon-arnold
14 years ago
184 posts

Hey dude. Sometimes the responses on here might seem aggressive, but I'd say it's because of the amount of people coming on here asking to save their dreads because some dude/loctician/salon/person with a degree in locking up hair told them to rub wax in it and not wash for months and then make sure you stand on your head 10 minutes a day while rubbing your roots clockwise and patting your belly. Not the fact that they're asking for help, that's a good thing. Butit's just sad that people can't be straight forward and say "Hey, just don't comb your hair and keep it clean" so of course after awhile it's repetitive and frustrating. Like a never ending battle lol.

And sometimes people ask for help, but then insist that they're in the right when it comes to palm rolling, or root rubbing...but it's all just simple. 99.9% of the time, justseparateand don't touch! Very few people need something else, but as always there are a few that need more.

so I think you'll be fine if you give it a good wash and let 'em be.

this really is a good community here!

updated by @brandon-arnold: 07/23/15 04:36:43PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts

we are a community of ppl who made mistakes and klearned from them my 1st set i never seperated and had 2 horns and a pillow

most ppl are so relieved when u tell them they made mistakes cause then they can stop making them

look at all the ex waxers and ex crocheters

but then u get ppl who are like i know this is best for me cause ive glued my hair together and look it looks like dreads and they just hate hate hare admitting to mistakes

but most ppl really appreciate being told the truth

and i believe in a few weeks when your hairs doing alot better youll understand why we maybe lil agressibly pointed out the mistakes just to steer you back on track

its always hardest when dealling with ppl who went to locticians tho because they wasted a ton of monet have the worse messes ever and they feel like a pro should knoew something and ppl who are helping out for free wouldnt know as much as a pro

but honnestly the info here is way better then u will ever get from a pro or from a master loctician or dread expert

the ppl here have survived every mistake u can make that causes alotta wisdom..that is experience

someone who scrwewes up the same way every day never learns a lesson they just are very good at repeating the same mistakes over and over..thatys what locticians do they are good at repeattedly performing a single task like crochet but they dont know or admit its bad for dreads so they keep doing it over and over

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Fay Brotherhood
@fay-brotherhood
14 years ago
59 posts

Yea man listen to these guys. My ex was dreadin for a year with all the techniques you read about and totally wasting his time bless him, to end up with waxy candles that aren't really fully dreaded yet.... :/ I decided to embark on this journey a month or two ago and was gonna go his way, with all the products and maintenence etc til I stumbled on this site. I have since done nothing but a bit of t&R, washing and seperating and its goin great! I have come to understand the twisty lumpy bumpy crazy journey they must go on to become dreads and don't mind it, and I feel its a far more satisfying journey than what I'd have had if I'd listened to the money grabbers........People aren't aggressive here.... they just don't want you to fuck up an experience that should be beautiful on the words of money makers.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts

its called passionate

:)

u see some locticians will charge 100 dollars for 1 hours work palm rolling hair into wax and calling it dreads

but here we will spend all day every dasy helping u dread right for free

its passion vs greed

some oog the ppl here myself included will be here 12-18 hours a day just to help u have a wonderful dread journey

--
Brandon Arnold
@brandon-arnold
14 years ago
184 posts
that's definitely a better way to put it.passionate!!

soaringeagle said:

its called passionate

:)

u see some locticians will charge 100 dollars for 1 hours work palm rolling hair into wax and calling it dreads

but here we will spend all day every dasy helping u dread right for free

its passion vs greed

some oog the ppl here myself included will be here 12-18 hours a day just to help u have a wonderful dread journey

Tyler2
@tyler2
14 years ago
19 posts

I really do appreciate it guys, and they already are looking and feeling much much better. Attached is a pic. I will continue to keep em up in my wool hat and just make sure they dont jump into eachother. I was hearing salt water sprayed in helps too?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts

dont see the pic but yea salt water helps but id do it right b4 or during yoir wash so your nit leaving it on longer then couple hours

--
Natty Dave
@natty-dave
14 years ago
56 posts
it can be helpful as it can add some texture to straight hair and help it get knotty, but it can cause scalp irritation so you only want it hitting your dreads if possible. i add in 3 tbsp of sea salt to my bs when i wash and that way it does it's thing then gets rinsed out. just make sure you use sea salt and not table salt

Tyler said:

I really do appreciate it guys, and they already are looking and feeling much much better. Attached is a pic. I will continue to keep em up in my wool hat and just make sure they dont jump into eachother. I was hearing salt water sprayed in helps too?

Shanxon Lemasters
@shanxon-lemasters
14 years ago
411 posts

I am by no means an expert, but I would say let them do their thing now, just expect lots of changes, loops, looseness, maybe even completely un-doing themselves and embrace it as your hair dreading itself free and w/ out help. I would definately say maybe do some sea salt sprays, make sure you section about once a week, and wash with the bs, acv rinse. Good luck!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts

by section she meant seperate sections so they dont grow together

--

/ 4
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form