Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

DreadHeadHQ & Neglect

Raging Roots Amy
@raging-roots-amy
14 years ago
73 posts
I wanted to share this wall post on the DHHQ Facebook wall to show what kind of misinformation and misUNDERstanding is out there regarding the patience/freeform/organic/"neglect" method: http://www.facebook.com/home.php?# !/walltowall.php?id=1158871717&banter_id=1627262302&ref=nf
updated by @raging-roots-amy: 02/14/15 07:17:17AM
SillyWalkingMinister
@sillywalkingminister
14 years ago
327 posts
JESUS CHRIST O MIGHTY!! I dont have fb but I logged in using my friends acc just to see what others have been talkin about for so many months...Few excerpts-If you are choosing to go natural and neglect then you wouldn't use ANY product. It can take up to 2 years before you have locked dreadlocks. I am on staff for shakori hills and have seem SO many neglect locks. All but 1 that I talked to sa...id they thought mine looked better and that if they know they could have done it the Dhhq way they would have. The comments pertained mostly to how society had rejected then because they weren't well kept some even mentioned losing jobs. One woman that was dating this guy said she had been doing neglect for 6 months. I asked if she would show me her progress. She had 1 lock starting and there was maybe 2 inches of dreadlock. Shoot I can make that in a few minutes. The other thing with neglect...u just let ur hair do it's own thing. You do not touch it. Every neglect person I spoke to (we're talking 25) had locks that did very weird designs. All but 1 of them said they wish they could have had them all about the same. This one guy, I'll get pics if I see him in October, has this HUGE 3 inch Congo and then mostly smaller 1/2 inch ones. And the Congo isn't in a spot for wrapping hair up or anything. It's just chilling on the top right of his head. Wait, no HIS left. (sorry). Yes accelerator will work but then u don't have dreadlocks done by the neglect method.HOLY SHIT!! So many goofy dreads there :O
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
aww the links not working for me, it just takes me to my FB home page. I wanna have a laugh at the stupidity too! LOL!
SillyWalkingMinister
@sillywalkingminister
14 years ago
327 posts
I searched for Dreadhead HQ and found the group...seriously its too funny NaturalWomyn said:
aww the links not working for me, it just takes me to my FB home page. I wanna have a laugh at the stupidity too! LOL!
Iain
@iain
14 years ago
844 posts
there we go had to throw my 2cents in, they really didn't understand what it mean to just do it naturally,if you couldn't see it the guy was askin if he could use lockin accel on his "neglect" locks an people were like "LOL WUT NO U CANT DO THAT CUZ UR NEGLECTING THEM DUH" well not exactly like that but you get the idea ;)
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
i love how much they liewho in theyre right mind would want dhhq dreads if they had amazing natural dreads?none the oposites trueits all lies lies lies and nothing but lies

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
SillyWalkingMinister
@sillywalkingminister
14 years ago
327 posts
but arent these ppl seeing it? why are they saying wax is good?? can u really brainwash someone to that extent that they wake up in the morning..pillow covered in wax and say..mmmmmm soo goood..lol
Raging Roots Amy
@raging-roots-amy
14 years ago
73 posts
KJC didn't write that reply that someone copied and pasted into this thread. It was one of the sponsored members who wrote that.IMHO it's conceivable that there are some people with natural locks who may not have realized there were other options available and were 'jealous' of her manicured locks. However, I definitely DON'T think it's the norm for people with natural locks to regret the decision to go product-free.... at all.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
oh we didnt know we could just smear crap in our hair and make it look fakelol ppl who go neglect are damn proud of not using dreadheadhq crap

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Heather Gamble
@heather-gamble
14 years ago
145 posts
ok this comment was funny"i watched "soaring eagle's" video and he said something that really got me thinking. "dreads grow like roots. roots don't grow perfectly straight or manicured." well here's my question...the roots need SOMETHING to grow. trees just dont manifest themselves. some people grow in soil, some in water...who really cares if the same result is there? i CHOSE TO USE WAX and dhhq stuff and my locks are healthy, happy, bumpy, full of loose hairs...just the way I WANTED THEM. im kind of suprised with "soaring eagle" cuz all the negativity he is spreading is TOTALLY against the way of dreadlock life. sigh. just wish people would stop hating."so if u tell people they are ruining their NEW locks u r a hater lolSE u bastard stop helping people right now dammit!
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form