Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Got my first comments on my hair yesterday at work..

NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
I believe it's a cult. Look how many books have been written recently by those who have managed to get out. I'm perfect,You're Doomed" by Kyriah Abrahams is one that did really well in review and got some info out to the masses. I went to high school with a LOT of J.W.s and had no idea at the time. Jdwood said:
Man that's messed up, praying to you??? People actually tried to heal you? when some people talk to me about healing I understand that they can believe it and I respect the right to believe it but I ask the question why do healers never heal amputees.
To answer your question on what cult well it was the Jehovah's witnesses I know that most people say they are not a cult but I can assure you they are and they are dangerous because people do not think they are a cult. They use mind control techniques and have a belief that can be life threatening they refuse blood transfusions even for their children, not cool many died because of this. They have many messed up beliefs and they frown upon education. It's not easy to "deprogram" yourself from the mind control but it is important cause like your friend it can mess you up in the long run.

soaringeagle said:
i didnt think rob zombie was a compliment

i did get called jesus alot too tho and it only freaked me out once a overweight old lafy maybe 75 carrying a bible starts saying oh your so beautiful u loook like jesus blah blah blah but then gets a teart in her eye and starts holding my hand and kneels down..on the sidewalk outside a supermarket and starts praying
now being in a wheelchair i get used to silly ppl thinking they can somehow cure me that way (and 1 time 1 actualy dragged me right out of my chair and wasnt gonna give it back till i walked..psycho) but this lady wasnt praying for me but praying to me as if i was jesus and started whaling screeching oh my lord oh my lord jesus blah blah blah i was dying of embarrassment we were practicably blocking the entrance to the store too

Jdwood said:
Rob Zombie that for me would be a complement lol! But Charles Manson I'm not so sure, I was call "Mose Roch Thriault" he is Quebec's Manson not a nice guy.. The nephew of Manson now that's freaky.

soaringeagle said:
but back on track
i used to get called rob zombie alot or a freind made a t shirt with me on it (ever see the movie slacklers theres 1 scene following a black guy with dreads as he tries selling t shirts on the street thats the freind)
anyway he made a t shirt with my pic on it that said "a gentler kinder manson" lol
oh crazy story i met mansons nephew at a party he followed me around all night calling me uncle charley (creeping me out)

updated by @naturalwomyn: 07/03/15 07:50:27AM
Island Mamma
@island-mamma
14 years ago
530 posts
FYI Jesus is the MOST written about person ever in history! Its in the tens of thousands range.
Jdwood
@jdwood
14 years ago
275 posts
So you know about that book? Cool...you can't really tell who is a J.W. (funny that's my initials) at first but the more you get to know them the more you realize there is something different about them. I can tell you school was difficult for me, from grade 1 to 5 I was in a French Catholic school not easy when you are an English speaking Jehovah's Witness...it is a little easier for the J.W. kids now in Quebec schools. NaturalWomyn said:
I believe it's a cult. Look how many books have been written recently by those who have managed to get out. I'm perfect,You're Doomed" by Kyriah Abrahams is one that did really well in review and got some info out to the masses. I went to high school with a LOT of J.W.s and had no idea at the time.

Jdwood said:
Man that's messed up, praying to you??? People actually tried to heal you? when some people talk to me about healing I understand that they can believe it and I respect the right to believe it but I ask the question why do healers never heal amputees.
To answer your question on what cult well it was the Jehovah's witnesses I know that most people say they are not a cult but I can assure you they are and they are dangerous because people do not think they are a cult. They use mind control techniques and have a belief that can be life threatening they refuse blood transfusions even for their children, not cool many died because of this. They have many messed up beliefs and they frown upon education. It's not easy to "deprogram" yourself from the mind control but it is important cause like your friend it can mess you up in the long run.

soaringeagle said:
i didnt think rob zombie was a compliment

i did get called jesus alot too tho and it only freaked me out once a overweight old lafy maybe 75 carrying a bible starts saying oh your so beautiful u loook like jesus blah blah blah but then gets a teart in her eye and starts holding my hand and kneels down..on the sidewalk outside a supermarket and starts praying
now being in a wheelchair i get used to silly ppl thinking they can somehow cure me that way (and 1 time 1 actualy dragged me right out of my chair and wasnt gonna give it back till i walked..psycho) but this lady wasnt praying for me but praying to me as if i was jesus and started whaling screeching oh my lord oh my lord jesus blah blah blah i was dying of embarrassment we were practicably blocking the entrance to the store too

Jdwood said:
Rob Zombie that for me would be a complement lol! But Charles Manson I'm not so sure, I was call "Mose Roch Thriault" he is Quebec's Manson not a nice guy.. The nephew of Manson now that's freaky.

soaringeagle said:
but back on track
i used to get called rob zombie alot or a freind made a t shirt with me on it (ever see the movie slacklers theres 1 scene following a black guy with dreads as he tries selling t shirts on the street thats the freind)
anyway he made a t shirt with my pic on it that said "a gentler kinder manson" lol
oh crazy story i met mansons nephew at a party he followed me around all night calling me uncle charley (creeping me out)
Jdwood
@jdwood
14 years ago
275 posts
Thanks, after being ridiculed many many times in my childhood you either adapt or perish like Nietzsche said what does not kill you makes you stronger but I like the jokers (Heath Ledger in dark knight ) version better what doesn't kill you makes you stranger. Dragonfly said:
I think that's a great attitude! I hope I can remember to stay positive if/when I get negative comments about my hair.
Jdwood
@jdwood
14 years ago
275 posts
Agreed but nothing about him during his existence or nothing even from him. Island Mamma said:
FYI Jesus is the MOST written about person ever in history! Its in the tens of thousands range.
Island Mamma
@island-mamma
14 years ago
530 posts
No one has written about my grandmother either but she was real!
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
yea the Jehova's at my school were pretty verbal about it. They'd talk about going preaching and not having birthdays, not being able to really be friends with anyone who's not a Jehovas witness. Also they really seemed to TRY and stay on the outside. We had gym at the YMCA and they REFUSED to attend because the name had the word christian abbreviated in it. It's not like we were going to church there, just some b ball and exercise equipment!lol. Actually 2 kids that were in my class ended up getting married after HS but the guy had to convert before he could even legitimately talk to her (J.W.) on a BF/GF level so they kept it a secret until they graduated then he converted and they got married ASAP.
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
I'm sorry but if they came and knocked on my door trying to preach to me I'd tell em i worshiped the devil.LOL! My personal spiritual beliefs aside, I don't need to be preached AT by anyone. Everyone should believe in whatever gets them through but don't try and tell everyone else what they are supposed to believe, that's just not right.
Atom
@atom
14 years ago
124 posts
No.. I woulda nvr decided to change my life. He changed me. People have experienced my God. N I dnt care what scientists say cuz if they could explain everything bout the God of the world.. He wouldn't be so great. And u corrected me just from what u believe.. U believe He didn't change me and I know He did. Maybe watch this www.YouTube.com/watch?v=8qX7mqsUrD8

soaringeagle said:
jesus dont gotta be real to change your life just by believing somethings real u do realize that every person in every religion says exactly the same thing dont u?now im more inclined to believe they are all right but then that kinda contradicts the whole one true belief ego trip thingyour statement would only be accurate if u said i believe jesus is real and I (not he) changed my life because of that beliefim not saying he was or wasnt realim not saying u should or shouldnt believbut lets be accurate and not just state myth as factthink about thisjesus suposedly did all these miracles and everythuingyet theres just 1 book about himdavid coperfield had more books written about himso has obama bush the dali lammna ghandy hitler and santa clause cuddlefishes cockroaches and dung beetles had more books written bout theyre daily livesso really what are u beloeving? what u read in a book 1 book..in fact 1 book that contradicts about a million other booksmaybe u should read more booksthe origen of species maybebtw i asked some scientists this if the polar icecaps melted and every drop of water on earth in the air underground and everywhere somehow rained how much land would it cover ..and the resulting flood wouldnt be 1/1000th as bad as the bible described more then 90% of all lands over 100 feet above sea level many mountains are over a mile high..only people and animals whod die were the ones too stupid to move away from a river as the water rose..not trying to start a fight just saying u should specify "believe" cause u donert and cant know especialy with so much evidence against itits fine to believe and its great to change your life ..but u know lives get changed from eatting mushrooms too..but does that make the halucinations real?whats real to u might be real yo u but that doesnt mean its real in realityafter all santa was once real yo you too
Jdwood
@jdwood
14 years ago
275 posts
I don't want to start a debate on religion and like I said I respect your right to believe the reason I point out certain "problems" ( very relative depending on witch "side" your on)with the Christian faith is not to convince anybody but it is to make a point that you and others have good personal reasons to believe and the same applies to people like me who have their personal reason not to believe. Any how this discussion was to share my dreading journey with all of you but I do like to talk about belief. Island Mamma said:
No one has written about my grandmother either but she was real!

/ 5

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form