Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Two-Strand Twists!

AbdulKaveli
@abdulkaveli
14 years ago
12 posts
Hey guys, remember me? Yeah so I found a salon somewhat near my area who can do dreadlocks! They only have two methods though, gel twists and two strand twists.(They don't use any wac or dread perms and things like that) I decided to go with two strand twists. I will let them grow out and form dreadlocks. Anything I should know about maintenance or anything like that? Thanks a lot to everyone and everyone from my other post on here! Peace!
updated by @abdulkaveli: 01/13/15 08:42:00PM
❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
14 years ago
751 posts
I think two strand twists are ok, as long as they don't use wax or tools or gel. Just twisting the hairs :)
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
its pretty easy to twist your own hair though.. u got fingers right?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Heather Gamble
@heather-gamble
14 years ago
145 posts
yeah u could have anyone help u twist it up if u know anyone that braids they can section and twist for ya and itll save u some loot
GoldenEagle
@goldeneagle
14 years ago
393 posts
Maintenance:1. Keep your hair washed on a regular basis. With your hair type, condition when you believe it is needed.2. (Optional) Pull your dreadlocks away from each other.
AbdulKaveli
@abdulkaveli
14 years ago
12 posts
Yeah, it would be a lot easier and save money and all, but my mom would usually do it for me and shes not here right now. soaringeagle said:
its pretty easy to twist your own hair though.. u got fingers right?
AbdulKaveli
@abdulkaveli
14 years ago
12 posts
Big help bro, thanks. How often would I have to retwist and could I do it at home instead of the salon? Josh said:
Well i started out that method. I had a big soft Afro just like yours. My first attempt that lasted for 3 months was through comb coil method, i think that's what you mean by "gel twists". It had a hard time holding in and my hair and scalp got all messy from the gel. I would advice you to do the two strand method which i did after my first attempt and also with gel (preferably mango and lime gel) no wax as most people will say. The two strand method allows you during the early process of locking (within the first 6 months a.k.a the baby stage) to wash your hair as many times as you want.

The first few months it will look like 2 strand twists but as you keep washing your hair and keep re-twisting it will take on the look of dreadlocks. If you want neater dreadlocks id advice someone with experience to section your hair (in box form not circular shape). If you want more of a freeform or neglect style then like soaringeagle says you might as well twist them yourself.

hope that helps =D
AbdulKaveli
@abdulkaveli
14 years ago
12 posts
Thanks a lot Josh I appreciate it! I'll make sure to hit you up again after I get the twists on Monday most likely, and thanks for the doo rag tip as well! Josh said:
Well i started out that method. I had a big soft Afro just like yours. My first attempt that lasted for 3 months was through comb coil method, i think that's what you mean by "gel twists". It had a hard time holding in and my hair and scalp got all messy from the gel. I would advice you to do the two strand method which i did after my first attempt and also with gel (preferably mango and lime gel) no wax as most people will say. The two strand method allows you during the early process of locking (within the first 6 months a.k.a the baby stage) to wash your hair as many times as you want.

The first few months it will look like 2 strand twists but as you keep washing your hair and keep re-twisting it will take on the look of dreadlocks. If you want neater dreadlocks id advice someone with experience to section your hair (in box form not circular shape). If you want more of a freeform or neglect style then like soaringeagle says you might as well twist them yourself.

hope that helps =D
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form