Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Cons of washing every day?

❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
14 years ago
751 posts
Yeah I understand. And I think I do have the desire to wash less..maybe just once a week..but I'm not determined like you said ... I think I'll start plain water washes as often as I can. I've actually been able to go 3-4 days without washing but that didn't last very long...mostly it's been every other day but like I said I feel like I have to wash...plain water rinse should be enough to fix that though :)Thanks!! GoldenEagle said:
The whole point behind washing your hair less often is to give your sebaceous glands the chance to learn to produce less oil.

If you are you washing your hair every day you aren't giving your sebaceous glands the chance to.

If you have to just go through the motions of washing your hair without actually using anything that would remove any oil. (IE: Get your hair wet, use your palm or fingertips to help loosen any dirt, etc.)

The only reason you "Can't seem to get into the habit of washing your hair less often" is the fact that you either don't have the determination, desire, and/or dedication to do so.

If you don't have the desire, the dedication, and the determination to do something, you won't do anything.

Joe: Rinse your hair with plain water after practices.

updated by @opaulao: 07/18/15 08:22:17AM
Jack Roth
@jack-roth
14 years ago
298 posts
i hear ya brother! Iain said:
other than making sure it gets a chance to dry and the fact that wet locks are annoying, not really much,
whatever you find works best for you.
GoldenEagle
@goldeneagle
14 years ago
393 posts
You are welcome. We all start washing our hair less often in different manners. If you start by skipping one day a week. Start at that point. At some point in a few months skip two days a week.Personally speaking I gave myself a year to get to the point where I was washing my hair two or three times a week. Paula said:
Yeah I understand. And I think I do have the desire to wash less..maybe just once a week..but I'm not determined like you said ... I think I'll start plain water washes as often as I can. I've actually been able to go 3-4 days without washing but that didn't last very long...mostly it's been every other day but like I said I feel like I have to wash...plain water rinse should be enough to fix that though :)

Thanks!!
Faelwynn
@faelwynn
14 years ago
362 posts
Just as a helpful tip (now, keep in mind my hair stays really dry because of the arid SoCal climate) on days that I need to space out washing but really needed to wash anyhow, I just doused my head with apple cider vinegar and rinsed. Made me feel like I was doing something, but not too much. Plus it keeps my dreads nice and soft.
❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
14 years ago
751 posts
That sounds like a good idea :)...ugh but this reminds me..I ran out of acv yesterday...need to buy more!! lol
Murphy the rasta
@murphy-the-rasta
14 years ago
58 posts
look,,,i hate drying my dreads so, i hate washing em daily...however,i've gotta wash my hair almost everyday.im a rugby playa,i've training 2to 5times a week, and gym every other day.not washing after gym is possible for me but after the training in the rugby ground...mud will no doubt gets onto my hair..so i gotta wash em a lot
Murphy the rasta
@murphy-the-rasta
14 years ago
58 posts
ah....im still drying my hair now=-=just finished rugby training'''it's now 1;35am
MzElaineous
@mzelaineous
14 years ago
87 posts
you can still shower everyday, twice a day, however much you want...just remember that shower cap most times :)
Murphy the rasta
@murphy-the-rasta
14 years ago
58 posts
i mean i need to wash my hair coz they are dirty MzElaineous said:
you can still shower everyday, twice a day, however much you want...just remember that shower cap most times :)
Radha Das
@radha-das
14 years ago
14 posts
I wash my hair every day during the week and roll all my windows down and let it dry on the way to work. I drive a long way! Takes me about an 1 & 1/2 hours. It looks very cool and it is dreading fast. It looks kind of wild and everyone loves it ( even at work) I think because it is summer it drys very fast. I let it be itself on the weekends. I am not sure what will happen in the winter because I don't think it would be a really good idea to hang my head out of the window! I think I will probably cut way back then. I'm not sure... but the washing makes it dread faster to me.

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form