Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

loose hairs

Shuaib ahmed
@shuaib-ahmed
14 years ago
154 posts
I have some loose hairs i'm trying to stay calm but what do I do with these loose hairs? shall I just leave them or what???any help would be appreciated
updated by @shuaib-ahmed: 01/13/15 08:38:10PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
dont panicits organicjust leave em be they will join dreads or become dreadsthey arent a problem..ignore em

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Shuaib ahmed
@shuaib-ahmed
14 years ago
154 posts
ohrite cheers, thought they were gunna stay like that
benjah
@benjah
14 years ago
114 posts
yeh, jus shill back and let em be!
JESSICA EVA (Eva Lovelocks)
@jessica-eva-eva-lovelocks
14 years ago
217 posts
if you want them dreaded either wait for it to happen, or take some and twist and rip it into a dread. looks like there are enough hairs there to make a couple.
Shuaib ahmed
@shuaib-ahmed
14 years ago
154 posts
cheers, ye i might twist and rip if they dont form within a few months but they should do so I'll wait at the moment
apreal
@apreal
11 years ago
6 posts

man i have the same problem. like the loose hairs are long kindof free hair and some stick out halfway through the dread. if i crochet them it will take for ever and i am not that skilled with the crochet hook....
and my hair just looks messy. and my roots seem loose. but it will take care of itself?
also i am scareeeddd to wash. theyre only 5 days old

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

wash and never crochet crochet will just create more loose hairs by breaking hairs

your going to have loose hairs loose roots and messy dreads for many months but all you need to do is wash and leave them alone to dread

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Benhamin Tyrsson
@benhamin-tyrsson
11 years ago
4 posts

Just like SE said, DO NOT Crochet please. For your hairs sake. Happy dreads are the ones with the least amount of force put into them, generally speaking.

People are used to forcing, and conformity. Which is something you will not get out of locks. In fact, regardless of how hard you try, it will cause the opposite in most cases. IE Crocheting loose hair makes MORE loose hair, and more fuzz. Dreadlocks are something that takes all the work in the world, while at the same time usually taking very little effort. One of the off putting things to most people is how messy they look at the start.

Anyways, Good luck!!

apreal said:

man i have the same problem. like the loose hairs are long kindof free hair and some stick out halfway through the dread. if i crochet them it will take for ever and i am not that skilled with the crochet hook....
and my hair just looks messy. and my roots seem loose. but it will take care of itself?
also i am scareeeddd to wash. theyre only 5 days old

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form