they are ammmaaazzzzzinngwow

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 07/22/15 05:51:25AM
Amethyst
@amethyst
14 years ago
16 posts
Ive some wicked lumps and bumps - and wouldn't have it any other way!! Took a photo (below) of my favourite 2 the other day......

updated by @amethyst: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
those are wild i love emi really cant understand why people want to fix lumps and loops whats worth fixing?this is how dreads are supposed to look

--
Amethyst
@amethyst
14 years ago
16 posts
Thank you - I love them too.......And thats exactly right SE - why would anyone want perfectly round smooth dreads?? The more lumps and bumps the better I say!!
Tara
@tara
14 years ago
1 posts
Thank you so much for posting this! I'm new to this forum and had to sign up just so I could respond to it.My dreads are two months old. I had them backcombed and crocheted to begin with. I had one maintenance appt about a month ago. I pretty much just leave them along except for washing. I was starting to get a little concerned with the amount of loops and bumps. I didn't realize that this was a good thing! ;) You are right, they add so much character. I guess I was always envisioning the uniform straight felted dreads. They change so much all the time that I am fully convinced once I get all comfy with the loops that they will disappear. Such is life with locks though, huh? Hopefully these photos work ok.

One thing that I'm a little worried about - the roots aren't dreaded and I'm ok with that, but they are starting to knot together. I kind of tug them apart so that they don't grow together. What do you think? Pull to seperate or leave them be?
updated by @tara: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
separate unless u want congos (dreads that join and become thicker0 i recommend u separate untill mature anyway cause they can thicken without congoing tooyour loops look lovelyid skip maintenance appointments theyre a rip off..salon dreads are a ripoff completely

--
Junebug Johnson
@junebug-johnson
14 years ago
22 posts

Haha the first one cracks me up. xD
updated by @junebug-johnson: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
i loooove it :)

--
Emily
@emily
14 years ago
203 posts
awesome loopies everyone :D
momma has dreads
@momma-has-dreads
14 years ago
159 posts
Zig Zags come with my 4.5 mo old dreads.

updated by @momma-has-dreads: 07/23/15 02:31:33AM

/ 13

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form