Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

dread wax why ya don't want it why ya don't need it and how to remove it

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

dude its wax it does nit wash out it does build uop any use is too much use and ifg u talked to dreadheads not dreadhead wannabnees they all would tell you never use wax

were any over 15? i doubt it

kids like you are the target victim

you are ruining your dreads

just remove it and yiu wuill see

come on dude every dreadhead whos actualy got experu=ience knows to avid wax

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
kaz jewell taylor
@kaz-jewell-taylor
13 years ago
8 posts
ok .each to their own.pls know i respect that ok. BUT its COMPLETLY irelevant how light it is ...that just fools people even more..... dreads have been around loger than wax's how? naturally. if u have short dreds and fel they pop out too much this to is natural...dreds arnt meant to be over played with...mine are natural & down to my butt...eventually ...u will no doubt regret this. but i wish u the best. kaz.

Edward Haney said:
1.) I don't take Johnny's word as the only truth. I use his products after I did research and asked other dreadheads about their dreading andmaintenanceroutines.2.) It's a light coating of wax to keep the loose hairs down. It washes out easily with hot water and soap. 3.) I don't have any wax buildup because I just use a small amount of wax. Most of the pics I've seen of failed dreads from wax were cause from over waxing. It only takes a small amount and it's easy to over use. If you abuse wax, it will ruin your dreads.
kaz jewell taylor
@kaz-jewell-taylor
13 years ago
8 posts

kaz jewell swayze said:
ok .each to their own.pls know i respect that ok. BUT its COMPLETLY irelevant how light it is ...that just fools people even more..... dreads have been around loger than wax's how? naturally. if u have short dreds and fel they pop out too much this to is natural...dreds arnt meant to be over played with...mine are natural & down to my butt...when u put the wax on ur hair WILL slowly but surely absorb some of it regardles of how little u use ...this will happen ..over time once its penetrated ur hair will start to smell after a little longer it will get worse and worse.... this is from some one with over 15 yrs exp and 5 foot dreads.... i wish u luck sorry u r going to need it .peace.kaz.

Edward Haney said:
1.) I don't take Johnny's word as the only truth. I use his products after I did research and asked other dreadheads about their dreading andmaintenanceroutines.2.) It's a light coating of wax to keep the loose hairs down. It washes out easily with hot water and soap. 3.) I don't have any wax buildup because I just use a small amount of wax. Most of the pics I've seen of failed dreads from wax were cause from over waxing. It only takes a small amount and it's easy to over use. If you abuse wax, it will ruin your dreads.
kaz jewell taylor
@kaz-jewell-taylor
13 years ago
8 posts

soaring eagle said:

its not temporary its not coaxing its preventing

hair has to move to tangle

if it cant move hows it tangle

its glued together

if it was temporary it would do nothing would it if u glue somethung and unglue and glue where the progress

ppl have put what u put in on day 1 and spendt months and months and months tryig to remove it and they never progressed till it was gone

u will never ever ever know untill you remove the wax on just one

that is the only way you will see

kaz jewell taylor
@kaz-jewell-taylor
13 years ago
8 posts

kaz jewell swayze said:

soaring eagle said:

its not temporary its not coaxing its preventing

hair has to move to tangle

if it cant move hows it tangle

its glued together

if it was temporary it would do nothing would it if u glue somethung and unglue and glue where the progress

ppl have put what u put in on day 1 and spendt months and months and months tryig to remove it and they never progressed till it was gone

u will never ever ever know untill you remove the wax on just one

that is the only way you will see

EXACTLY..... SORRY WAX IS SO NOT OK ..GO'S AGAINST EVERY PART OF GETTING DREDS IN THE 1ST PLACE.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

yea shes had dreads 15 years ivehad thenm 21 ..youve had a waqxy mess 4 months

who do u think knows a lil more about what we are talking about?

do you have any idea how many thousands of ppl weve had to clean up and save their dreads?

what your doing i the biggest mistake the number 1 cause of dreads being cut

its not jobs your job isnt going to care iff your not sticky and stinky

its not familty or pressure from society

its wqx

wax has caused enough dreads to be cut to butrry both dhhq and kb's in a mountain of cut dreads

do you think we are trying to hurt you by trying to save your dreads?

whats the motivatuon in that?

seriusly dude you need to realize when someones trtying to help you to save you from waq rterible mistake its not the time to fight them

only the most clueless newbie would ever recomend wax,...everyone who used it practicly learned from their mistakes

very very few just would never learn

do you want to be 1 of those statistics?

one of those ppl who just refuse to leaerntill its too late?

one of those "candleheads" the dread community laughs at?

well more power to ya in your quest to prove a point

but all your proving is you may deserve what ya get

its funny though that youd show up here while pretty much every week were trying to save 10-20 ppl from 'light coatings of wax used only 1-2 times" and some areso desperate to get the nasty crap out they comb out or shave to start over and you come along and try convincing ppl wax is good?

haha thats not gonna work dude

too mant have suffered

and you will tioo

but your no a victim like most

yours is self inflicted

slow but sure dread suicide

self destructive behavior

you know what your doing is bad yet you want to do it anyway

well

its yoir choice but your in a community that cares and wont give up on ya

hell we might even break out the straightjacket restraign u and forcefullty remove you from haerm then and only themn will you ssee

or you can just scrub thast shit out with some vinager and sme dawn and see for yourself

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

oh man yea u do gotta be careful the temp has to be near scolding real near scolding so be very careful it does gert the bulk oit but not all either

the disolvig agents probly are safest and work best

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

edward haney

i was asked by this guy http://www.dreadlockssite.com/profile/BennyAllarado to post this cause hes having trouble posting

Donot use wax!!!! I used to ave dreads for 3years putting on verry little wax of for the first couppple months and after washing (so I thought) it out after a while even with washing my hair stunk and I didn't know y! So I let it go on for a wile and one day I woke up one of my dreads stayed asleep on the pillow and I got to questioning so I opened I up and there was black mold in my dreads so I thought it was form it not drying all the way( it was one of my biggest ones)it also still had wax even tho I haven't used it for 2 1/2 years!!! so I wrote it off and then a few days latter one of my littler ones fell off!!!! Same thing on the inside so I cut them all off and looked at them and the same thing in all of them!!! The wax never left!!! And some of the hairs on the inside were rotten from the wax!!! So now I'm all natural!! Yay!!! And I suggest to everyone who wants to use wax DON'T BELEVE ALL THESE LIES just let ur hair do it's own ting and I'll be happier in the lOng run wayyyy happier!!! Trust me from personal experience wax is not right it's for candles and surfboards NOT HAIR!!!!!!!!!!

--
Benny
@benny
13 years ago
45 posts
Donot use wax!!!! I used to ave dreads for 3years putting on verry little wax of for the first couppple months and after washing (so I thought) it out after a while even with washing my hair stunk and I didn't know y! So I let it go on for a wile and one day I woke up one of my dreads stayed asleep on the pillow and I got to questioning so I opened I up and there was black mold in my dreads so I thought it was form it not drying all the way( it was one of my biggest ones)it also still had wax even tho I haven't used it for 2 1/2 years!!! so I wrote it off and then a few days latter one of my littler ones fell off!!!! Same thing on the inside so I cut them all off and looked at them and the same thing in all of them!!! The wax never left!!! And some of the hairs on the inside were rotten from the wax!!! So now I'm all natural!! Yay!!! And I suggest to everyone who wants to use wax DON'T BELEVE ALL THESE LIES just let ur hair do it's own ting and I'll be happier in the lOng run wayyyy happier!!! Trust me from personal experience wax is not right it's for candles and surfboards NOT HAIR!!!!!!!!!!

soaring eagle said:
like i said i wasnmt getting on anyones back, or signalling you out, its the most common mistake made so your actualy in the majority, id guess 85% who dreaded in the past 10 years made the same mistake at least on theyre 1st set..some on theyre second thirds and even fourth (by the time ya chop em off 4 times id hope most would steer clear) i was posting this for the benifit of all, especialy new dreads just starting out who may have only read the dreadheadhq or knottyboy sites and thought wax was the way to goand sharing your experience helps others as well

updated by @benny: 07/23/15 11:52:48AM
Nikolia Voss
@nikolia-voss
13 years ago
1 posts

I just washed my new waxy dreads out. Heres my experience

* Wax definitely didn't wash outta dreads using ANY method

* It was a mission and a half to comb it out (even w/ the bottle of conditioner and olive oil in my hair!)

* With knots gone (finally after 5 hours) I worked at washing wax outta hair

* After 3 showers, all multiple shampooing w/ shampoo, natural bar soap, dish soap, laundry detergent, and even a little gooooooo b gone i can finally say 95% of the wax is gone

A little more olive oil, another shower and I'm gonna start a twisting and a pulling o(^.^)o

/ 17

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form