29,640 posts

depends on what it needs

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Raven's Light
@ravens-light
7 years ago
346 posts

After trying really hard over the last several hours off and on to try and rinse out the oil, the hot water hasn't really seemed to have much an effect on the oil...I guess this shows me that maybe I won't really need to oil my hair that oten...and looks like I may have to end up using dish soap (I have Dawn Ultra), even though I really don't want to have to resort to that...I mean at some points it feels like I may have gotten it out of my dreads or rather the one dread I think has it...but as I squeeze it now, part of that dread feels sticky....I am wondering if I just need to let them dry, that maybe I really did get it out, I can't really tell.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,640 posts

let them dry then see

ry that in a few days if u need to

--
Raven's Light
@ravens-light
7 years ago
346 posts

I am hoping to be able to get it out of my dreads without having to use dish soap (kinda makes my shudder a little to think about using it on my hair....) I am thinking I may just try and wait and shampoo them when I can next.

Raven's Light
@ravens-light
7 years ago
346 posts

As my hair dries it feels less sticky than it did before, I am wondering if that means I got it out of my hair. I hope that's the case. Does this mean that shouldn't be putting oil in my hair through a soak and or in at all? ...and I am really hoping I can get it out without using dish soap (if it is still in my dreads).

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,640 posts

i don't soak i put a lil in alotta water then pour over head wait no more then 1-3 min and rinse

i had intended you to spot treat only that hard spot that your having the issue with

--
Raven's Light
@ravens-light
7 years ago
346 posts

I will keep that in mind for next time and just try making a smaller batch and trying it as a pour over method. I am hoping that the next time I shampoo my hair, it will get the oil out..As I have felt my dreads the last few days I am wondering if some of these hard parts are due to the past interlocking...which is sad, cause they will stay that way, and some of them feel different at different parts....I am revisiting the idea of cutting off the interlocked part down the road...but I can't bring myself to actually do that...to cut off part of my hair's history just feels wrong in my bones, ya know what I mean?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
29,640 posts

yea i understand and theres always the chance that someday they will just break where they were interlocked but are all the hard spots about the same distance from your head? it probly is the interlocking

--
Sarah Rose
@sarahrose
6 years ago
4 posts

thank you for this post! I'm over a year into natural dreadlocks and have the same problem, except they are hard on the ends. I had bum-length hair in the beginning and the ends locked up, fan style, a little quicker than expected. Well those ends are now super firm while the middle is soft babydread like, and the roots are lose. I feel like this is hindering the dreading process since nothing can move anymore... i only use Vikkis no residue shampoo and charcoal bars, and they don't seem dry or built up in the least bit, pretty healthy for former fret-locks actually, haha. This post really cleared some anxiety, thank you!

updated by @sarahrose: 06/30/18 07:17:06PM
dread_stpauli
@dread-stpauli
6 years ago
156 posts
I have blunted ends myself and i try to rinse very well after every wash , maybe like almost 10 minutes ? With lose ends everything rinses out way easier , thats why i am very focused on the rinses to get everything out completely. Do you rinse long as well ? Make sure to get all shampoo out again.

/ 4

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form