Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Loose hair getting worse

Katie3
@katie3
11 years ago
12 posts

I have commented on here before about my concern for my loose Hairs. I did my dreads mostly natural. I am a Caucasian with thin fine hair. I have had my dreads for almost four years. Lately the loose hair on top has gotten worse. I seem to have more and more of it. I have tried wrapping it in hemp, but that did not work. I use natural soap but mostly I use baking soda to wash my hair. It is long loose hairs all over the top. Lately my friends have been commenting how my dreads look like they are falling out. What options do I have? Attached are some pics. I am all for just letting them be but at this rate I will have more loose hair than dreads if it continues. Also if anyone who has dreadlock experience and lives near the indianapolis area and would be willing to help me do some maint. let me know.

updated by @katie3: 01/13/15 09:54:39PM
Tara C
@tara-c
11 years ago
644 posts

Do/have you done any maintenance on your dreads recently? I think it's just the new hair growth taking longer to dread. I combed out four of my dreads over a year or so ago and they're still completely unknotted and normal hair because they're all at the front. I think the front/top of the head tends to take longer to dread up. Personally, I'd just leave it, but if you're feeling impatient maybe you could twist and rip them to try to give them a head start?

Tim5
@tim5
11 years ago
359 posts

Hair type has everything to do with how long your hair will get before it dreads on its own. Super curly hair will dread quicker. All this talk about loose hair. It is normal, for natural dreads, you just need to accept that your hair is doing its thing, it cant do anything else. Keep it clean, is all you can really do, TnR, will probably just fall out anyway, so you will be waiting anyway. You can use sea salt, or wool tams, that can help, but I think acceptance is easier. Tell ya friends,"its cool, its natural, don't sweat it".

peace

taye
@taye
11 years ago
833 posts

Dude....you are stressing over nothing. I have tons of lose hair. When a hunk of it gets about 10 inches long....it starts to knot up on it's own. Don't let your friends influence you. Hair grows and when it is ready it knots...end of story.

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Just a curiosity question: Are you too aggressive with the root area of your hair when washing? The posts above are right, don't worry about it. But I just had that thought....peace

Katie3
@katie3
11 years ago
12 posts

I don't think I am too aggressive.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

what "natural soap"

thats probly the cause

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

but

look at that loose hair

but still had 14 foot dreads

dont worry

but sti]op using that natural soap

and use some of the pink sea salt spray

do no maintenance!

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Check out the pic of Jesus Freed my Soul and look at her roots, they are loose and lovely. No worries.

http://www.dreadlockssite.com/photo/dreads-3-years-3-months?xg_source=activity

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form