Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Fae's twist and rip adventure! 2 years, 8 months! Small update pg 3 (pics also added to pg1)

Faelwynn
@faelwynn
14 years ago
362 posts
Nope, not once. I used to use a sea salt spray, but it really bothered my scalp so I left it alone. I used aloe juice for a while for the same purpose, but really, I can't be arsed to do much with my hair these days. Wash with baking soda, rinse with acv, rip them apart and repeat in a few days... it's about all I do to them at all save for dying them different colors... but I believe that stops now, as I'm tired of maintaining the color and it's so difficult to dye your dreads yourself. MzElaineous said:
I love timelines like this. It's like I can see my dread babies' future. :D

Also, just wondering...did you ever go to the beach? Soak your hair in sea salt?

Lovely!
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
I really like the darker color on you Fae! It brings out the beautiful color of your eyes. Much Love
Faelwynn
@faelwynn
14 years ago
362 posts
Bump for 13.5 month update! Honestly hoping for some great feedback... I'm nowhere near thinking about cutting, it's just been a hard few months. Kinda worried, as it looks like I may have a few 'bald' spots? I don't know... I'm probably just paranoid and am seeing definition between dreads...
Faelwynn
@faelwynn
13 years ago
362 posts
Time for another update! I know it's been FOREVER since I've posted, but after 4 months since my last update, I hope you guys can see some progress! I know I'm starting to see a few signs of growth (noticing that some of my congos are longer than before, ect) but overall nothing too spectacular. For a bit of an upkeep update, I've stopped washing with pure b/s as it seems to cause these boils on my scalp... tried tons of different mixtures, but in the long run it's just not worth the pain. So instead, I typically use either head and shoulders or another comparable dandruff shampoo + 1tbsp b/s in a cup of water. Follow with an avc rinse and I'm gravy! Still no real maintenance, though I did clean up around my face a few days ago by threading my loose hair into a very large yarn needle and 'sewing' the loose hairs into nearby dreads. Worked like a charm! Anyhow, on to the pictures!First, a few from the right side: Rside1 rside2 Now a few from the left: leftsideswept leftside1 A few from the back left so that everyone can get a better look at that pesky 'bald' spot: backandleft backandleft2 A few from the back: back1 back2 And finally, a drool-worthy texture shot! Texture shot And there you have it! I hope everyone enjoys!
Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts
they look amazing, faelwynn! looks like you lost a lot of length but gained some really great thickness. if you don't mind me asking, why do you have a bald spot? or is it just some weird parting in the dreads.
taye
@taye
13 years ago
833 posts
you and your dreads are just beautiful! Don't worry about your little "spot" it shows up in the photo because of the flash. But i promise you notice it a whole, whole lot more than anyone else does.
Faelwynn
@faelwynn
13 years ago
362 posts
What's happened is that there are dreads in every direction but in that little spot. I looked at it a bit closer the other day, and have come to the conclusion that that's what's going on there. You can actually see it in a few of the pictures. So yes, it's just the way that my sections fall. I never started with any proper sections, and just t&r'd at random, so I'm sure that's why I've got that little 'bald' spot there. Not much I can do about it, though maybe in the future I'll split a few dreads (or they'll start to split themselves) and fix it.

Heather said:
they look amazing, faelwynn! looks like you lost a lot of length but gained some really great thickness. if you don't mind me asking, why do you have a bald spot? or is it just some weird parting in the dreads.
Janice
@janice
12 years ago
49 posts

I can totally relate to the shrinkage. Hard to swallow some days, when I think of how long my hair was before - but I do believe it will all be worth it one day. At least my dreads lay flat now! I am just at the 5 month point. Many, many kinks & knots & weird twists - even some 90 degree corners! LOL It's a party on the head, for sure. Thanks for sharing!

hippiegal
@hippiegal
12 years ago
182 posts

Wow, amazing progress. Love all the wraps and beads. Know how you feel about the shrinkage, I'm at that stage too. :)

Faelwynn
@faelwynn
12 years ago
362 posts

So, I spend the majority of my time on dreadlock truth, but I got an email the other day where someone had commented on this thread... so I figure, why not show them what time and good cleaning has gifted me with! They will be 3 in August and I'll try to make sure to post again when the anniversary rolls around. For now, here's a good shot of the back at 2 years and 8 months:

From behind (don't mind any purple that gets in there... it's from the flash):

And this is how they usually sit when I'm wearing my headband/panta thingy:

Enjoy!

updated by @faelwynn: 07/23/15 04:32:20PM

/ 4

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form