Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

hair at te hairline can take way way way longer to dread

in fact you may always have some loose hairs there and find new dreads from time to time

they are 8 months.. dreads take at least a year to mature..sometimes more. 

and yes the scarf and hats were definitely slowing progress

but they are amazing your doing just fne

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
6 years ago
64 posts

No, im not talking about hte hair line, I'm talking about the very top of my head anything from the crown forward isn't dreading at all. I don't understand why.

My hair is actually pretty thin compared to others, it's the reason I started dreading, or one of them at least. I got tired of seeing all that loose hair fall down the drain in the shower after conditioning

I went natural for bragging rights, and not overtightening at hte roots. My twin's dreads are pretty big sections and it looks like they tightened to the point where they might break at the root. He argues with

me that you are supposed to go get them maintained and crocheted for them to stay nice. I disagree. He berates me, but I tell him his dreads are his, mine are mine.

I'm no longer working at my summer job anymore.

Bazooka Guru
@bazooka-guru
6 years ago
204 posts
I bet you will see more progress with your hair not trapped under a hat so much.😊
6 years ago
64 posts

that was only for about 3 months. but it was 12 hours a day 7 days a week. It sucked. Before that I wasnt seeing any progress either

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

don't worry its just going to tke a lil longer gfor you

your twin has no idea what hes talking about

if your supposed to then how come I never have in 27 years/

why is it that not 1 person who has dreads over 15-20 years ever crocheted them

crochet is a new fad and an extremely damaging 1

you can tell him that

--
6 years ago
64 posts

how do you split a dread that's too big. I'm trying to split one right now that seems to have about a 2 in section but all I seem to be doing is tugging the root.

when he told me that they told him he should get maintenance between 3 to 6 months I told him that sounds like they're trying to get repeat business and he

went off on me telling me I don't know what im talking aobut

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

send him to this site

i wouldnt split a dread with a 2 inch section i'd comb it out and start it over.. why.. think about how every hair criss crosse4s the dread chaotically  to split a dread you break every single hair hundreds or thousands of times! not 1 hair is left unbroken. additionaly almost alwaysit splits  unevenly with 1 having a thick root thin  tip the other thin root thick tip. its way lesss harmful to start that dread over

--
6 years ago
64 posts

I already did. I found this site through a girl on youtube who went neglect. She cut her dreads off a while ago, but that was my first exposure to dreads immediately leading me here.

I wouldn't be able to comb it out. Since it's all halfway down, i'd just end up breaking that entire strand of hair from the hair on down.

6 years ago
64 posts

I was thinking tying off the root loosely so that it grows separately and when I can get more leverage to pull it, split it.

thirdtimesacharm
@thirdtimesacharm
6 years ago
7 posts

My hair is 3a curly hair and the first time I had dreads, only about half of my head was dreaded by 8 months. I too have a ton of hair like you may have and when I started then I had long hair, so the sides and almost all of the back dreaded up well but I still had the bottom layer of my hair and the front around my face that was completely undreaded after a year. 

A lot of it has to do with which parts of your hair have the most contact with things and receive friction. Don't feel upset or discouraged! 

/ 4

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form