@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

most contact with your pillow being the number 1 influencer

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
6 years ago
64 posts

makes sense since i sleep on my back and don't move in my sleep.

i'm really on t he fence about combing out those two dreads with really big sections, they're pretty well knotted. i think they're my two most progressed ones, i tried splitting them again after showering today, it was

no go. theyre just too tight and i don't have enough pulling room

lopenator
@lopenator
6 years ago
75 posts
The fatter the dreads, the faster they lock up. I say just comb them out and get it over with now if you are unhappy with their circumference. The sooner the better.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

yea and splitting breaks every single hair thousands of times don't split just star t them over

--
6 years ago
64 posts

If I comb it out, should I just leave the hair loose as it is? what if it just ends up trying to join neighboring dreads making them even fatter as well?

lopenator
@lopenator
6 years ago
75 posts
You can lightly twist and rip them just so they have a section. Only do it enough so that the section is holding together, not too tight. Other than that nothing. Use vickis liquid shampoo and gently wash your scalp every 3-5 days. That's really all you need to do. If they start joining other dreads just separate them. Eventually they will lock.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

if the sections are big enough to want to tart them over  consider 3-4 rather then 2

you can let them redread  themselves but watch them make sure they don't get too crazy again

or do a light loose tnr 

if you want to take them out nows the time use a bunch of conditioner or oil and work at it slowly

--
6 years ago
64 posts

I figure im going to have to go that route

do you have any advice on how to work your scalp when showering? i complained so much about my bangs and top of  head not dreading so I turned my head upside down and scrubbed my scalp trying to get my hair to knot a bit, i get out of th e

shower and my bangs are knotted to dreads in the back of my head, definitely not what i was asking for when I said i wanted my bangs to dreads...

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
29,640 posts

i just scrub the scalp in 1/4s right front left front right rear left rear  flipping them over to make it easier to get at the scalp

--
6 years ago
64 posts

I feel like I waste way too much shampoo when washing. I'll try that next time.

I get disappointed when I shower and see a bunch of hair fall out that could have been part of a dread

/ 4

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form