Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

not going so well brahs!:(

j.boy
@jboy
14 years ago
47 posts
looks like youve gotn some good advice and great support..not much i can say...other than the "why am i getn darker?" comment rocks..lolima use that one SE..:thumbsup:..
updated by @jboy: 07/23/15 03:38:28PM
Pamella
@pamella
14 years ago
31 posts
ALWAYS remember that in order for someone to cut someone down like that they have to really feel like crap about themselves....and maybe they are seeing someone (you)reflecting light so much that they cant handle it??? HHHmmmm...Just be yourself and shine baby doll! No worries of what people think of you :) Blessings!
Emily
@emily
14 years ago
203 posts
i know what you mean, ive gotten some negative comments too in MN. but i think youll get that anywhere. what they all said!! ^ dont care about what people think!! all that matters is that you love yourself the way you are :) your dreadies are lookin awesome by the way!
Spider Feet
@spider-feet
14 years ago
458 posts
I'm still just short of being able to make people feel stupid for not having them....
Courtney J
@courtney-j
14 years ago
100 posts
I hope it gets a little easier for you. I went through a lot of ignorant comments when I was a bit younger. Now people in my small town kinda know what to expect from me. I still get looks in public but whatever man. If it's what makes you happy, then eff the people who wanna judge you.
Nicolas Faieta
@nicolas-faieta
14 years ago
17 posts
your hair is like a filter for shit hole people :)
Courtney J
@courtney-j
14 years ago
100 posts
My parents really didn't "get it" either. But I'm very blessed to have a supportive family. I live in a rediculously small town in Michigan. People here seem to be closed off from the rest of the world. There were seriously only a few people in my school district who were african american. marlamom said:
and that's what it is. i live on the east coast in a very populated area, so i see new people all the time, white people, black people, hispanic people. So i think you end up getting a lot more flack since there are thousands of people that see you and obviously some are just plain ignorant. i just wanted to let knottykonner know that he is not the only one out there getting it. I also got it from my mom... but she's over it now.
:-)

Courtney J said:
I hope it gets a little easier for you. I went through a lot of ignorant comments when I was a bit younger. Now people in my small town kinda know what to expect from me. I still get looks in public but whatever man. If it's what makes you happy, then eff the people who wanna judge you.
Courtney J
@courtney-j
14 years ago
100 posts
Aww the only time I've really seen other dreadies locally was when I went to the Rothbury festival. Sister Rags said:
This all just shocks the shit outta me...and it's sad. I was just in a run-of-the-mill drug store, it was full of shoppers, and I saw 2 dreadheads there + me. Didn't think anything of it except I liked checking out their hairs. Wish I had a pic of this one lady. Her dreads were short, still growing out, but they looked really nice. Natural and she had some unusual beads in her hair. That her hair is short dreads actually looks cute.
Mary Wilbur
@mary-wilbur
14 years ago
3 posts
LOL so true!!!I was just thinking that... Rev. Nira said:
hey i just am reading this whole thread for the first time and SE is the papa smurf with the *best* advice but MY question is - you ALL missed the point -

THATS WHAT YOU GET FOR GOING in a WALMART!

peace
Courtney J
@courtney-j
14 years ago
100 posts
Totally! Most people would think it rude to walk up to a plus sized woman and call her fat or ask her "what on earth are you shoving in your mouth every day!" Why are rude comments about hair any different? People need to learn acceptance

/ 5

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form