Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

not going so well brahs!:(

Bobbi
@bobbi
14 years ago
27 posts
I used to live in MN my entire life before I moved out here to norcal a year ago and I know what you mean about the closemindedness of most (not all) midwestern conservative people. As much as i love my roots and where I am from I will never move back to the midwest. I am so much happier and all i had to do was change location. I am farther from my family, the closest aunt is 13 hours away which is difficult at times. All you gotta do is find some funds and friends and move out west! :) that's what i did.. otherwise stay strong and true to yourself because who cares what other people think about their hair, let it be!
updated by @bobbi: 07/11/15 08:54:41PM
IllumiKnotty
@illumiknotty
14 years ago
212 posts
aww, did you think that everyone was going to love your dreads when you first got them?those people are ignorant. but guess what? you will have to deal with ignorant people whether you have dreadlocks -- or not.i hope you can find the strength to fully express yourself.
Island Mamma
@island-mamma
14 years ago
530 posts
Be strong.I don't have mature dreads yet but my brother makes faces at the ones I have and calls them shit locs.I make a joke of it and grab one and chase him with it. (I'm to head strong to allow him to sway me)He's my brother though so I can do that, don't think that would go over so well with a stranger.I'm lucky to live in an area where dreads are not so uncommon and so far have had positive comments in public.You could always move somewhere with more free thinkers (like you said), I did that, I didn't jive well with southern Ontario at all. Moved to the coast in my 20's.
IllumiKnotty
@illumiknotty
14 years ago
212 posts
hahahah thats epic! Lisa McRae said:
I got the same thing once, I told her that if I can't have dreads then black people can't play basketball because a white guy invented it.
Raychelicious
@raychelicious
14 years ago
14 posts
Just remember it is about you, and yourself, not someone elses' ignorance. You can't let someone else's negativity bring you down, because that is letting someone else (who obviously doesn't deserve it) have control over you. It's just not worth it to even stress over it man!
Richie Mulina
@richie-mulina
14 years ago
21 posts
Dude I go through the same crap. I live in a small town in Texas. I was at a gas station the other day and some guy asked me the same thing. People are just ignorant and not open minded. Don't even listen what they say. Dreads are awesome and they're probably just jealous that their parents wouldn't let them have cool stuff like that when they were younger. Or they just didn't have the balls to get them cuz they knew people would say stuff to them. That's one of the cool things I think there is about having dreads. Not a lot of people have them. Especially white people.

/ 5
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form