Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

DESPERATELY NEED YOUR HELP>>>SERIOUS SITUATION> THANK YOU <3

Angel Frye
@angel-frye
13 years ago
409 posts

hippiegal: "My priority is saving energyand not just the stuff that comes off the grid. I've simplified our home and my way of doing things to make life as easy as possible."

Exactly!! I convinced(after five years) my husband that the entertainment center really could be unplugged all night when we weren't using it. And how about everything else from the microwave to the printer? And the kids have a list of chores they do weekly/daily to help lighten the burden. Everyone gets involved. It makes inviting company over much less stressful. But yes, household cleaning should be at the bottom of the list if you're juggling so much emotionally.

One of the most difficult things for me to throw out the door was my persistent perfectionist attitude. It was making me miserable. And, now I realize, several other people in my life. It's so HARD to "live and let live!"

Letting go feels like you're going to fly off into space, lost. But it can be life affirming, too. Again, read those article on Yoga Journal!!! They are spectacular and uplifting.

Having a "To Do" list can be detrimental to your health when you really think about it. If it's not realistic with what your body and emotions can handle then I say chuck the damn thing out the window. "Accomplishments For The Day" only lead to fruitless chasing your tail.

updated by @angel-frye: 07/23/15 04:15:38AM
hippiegal
@hippiegal
13 years ago
182 posts

I can only say amen to all you've said! :D

Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts

oh boy, panterra. i'm so sorry your having such terrible health problems. your in my prayers every night. i definitely think you need to find someone to help you with your daughter. you can't be of any help to her if your not well yourself. i've been looking into acupuncture for my health issues. maybe something like that will help your thyroid or even just as a stress reducer. i totally agree with the meditation suggestions. just taking 10 minutes to close your eyes and listen to your own breathing really does bring down your stress levels. its so hard to be a mom and not have stress but you just need to focus on yourself and the road ahead to full recovery.

you know my health issues and i've been dealing with it for more than 15 years now. i've seen so many doctors in the past and sometimes what they tell me to do or medicine they want me to try is not what feels right to me. you can play along and do all the awful tests and listen to what each one has to say but in the end you really need to go with how you feel and what your gut is telling you.

xo

Janice
@janice
13 years ago
49 posts

Sweetheart I am so sorry to hear that you are going through such a hard time right now. You are right, stress can kill us when it is prolonged. It is very good that your docs have finally been finding answers about your health, at least to point you in the right direction. Healing can be done using both naturopathic and allopathic (western) medicines. Combining these should help a great deal.

If you have not yet started meditating daily, do it. You likely have groups in your area that can help you get started if you're not familiar with it. Also pranayama very deep breathing can be a tremendous asset in obtaining greater health, physically and mentally.

If there are support groups available to you for either your daughter's condition or your own, now is the time to attend. You will find compassion, advice, and resources that you were not aware of.

I don't know what else to tell you, other than research and don't give up.

HUGS from the Great White North,

Janice

Frank Schuster
@frank-schuster
13 years ago
95 posts

Hey Panterra!

You shoud def go for yoga and/or meditation to bring your stress level down as much as needed.

It's a great way to focus on just yourself and your energy level, besides all the stress surrounding you and your family.

Marry XMAS and lots of strenghts!!!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

ask for help with the fighting for services your daughter may need additional help besides you look foor local disability services as a sttart they can do the legwork for you if you explain that you cant

get someone to come in and help you with her so you dont have to

literaly you hwave to seperate yourswelf from her while still having her there

by that i mean having someone come into your home to care for her doing all the day to day stuff you cant do

then when your free times freed up meditate i know u probly dont smoke herb but it might be good medicine for ypu

id be willing to make some calls for you andr get the ball rolling

but id need your daughrers actual diagnosis and stuff

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Angel Frye
@angel-frye
13 years ago
409 posts

SE, you're up for sainthood. Those are great suggestions. Panterra needs real advocates and yes, there are sitters who can come in for at least a few hours a day to help get stuff done around the house and for her daughter. If she's eligible for Medicaid or Medicare then those aides are available. ermm.. at least in my state. I don't know how it works nationally.

The disability people will do the legwork for you if you stay on them. If they see that there are two cases of disability intertwined with a real need for intervention from nurses on a regular basis in the home then they may be more likely to jump on your case(s) faster to get them unraveled and things working smoother.

We're praying for you and your family, Panterra.

craftydangles
@craftydangles
12 years ago
16 posts
Bless you this really touched me! And in some ways I can understand how u feel! My dad has altsimers bad and can get a bit violent at times.At times. And i suffer from depression and stress as well to the point that 3years ago I was so close to death I could smell it!I ended up turning to drugs and at the time it seem to work for me but in reallaty I was killing my self slowly and didn't give a crap!Then one day at a random rave I meet my family! Buy family I mean 3 of the best mates u coul ever ask for!We all started hanging out and they were all pagans! We hung out for around a year all become best friends I felt sooooo welcome.But we was on the drugs hard still me more that them I lost half my body weight in 7 months really not good.But out of every one I new and my family had turned there backs on me but they were there for me we all quit together somethingI would have never been able to do alone. They showed me how beautifully the world is and can be and gave me a new view on lifeAnd the strange thing is is the one bit of advice they gave me was to talk about it before it becomes a big problem! Stuff I had herd from my folksAnd other friends. But because of the love I have for my new family I took this on board! An it really helps me! I try to love everything and every oneI treat every one how I want to be treated and try to make every one happy! I know u don't know me and u don't have to if u don't want to but if u ever need or wantSome one to talk to I'm great at listening and will help u to the best I can! I know how hard it can be to talk to the people that r close to u! Sending u happiness ang joy!

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form