Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dreads!

Jonathan Poll
@jonathan-poll
11 years ago
31 posts

Thanks for the replies! I think I'll stick with trying out natural :)

My hair has always felt as if it was in "sections", I guess because I often froget about my hair on the weekend/holidays!

This morning it looked HORRIBLE, so all I done was wet it, dry most of it out with the towel, then leave the rest to air dry (as I read is best). I didn't "scrub" with the towel, just "dabbed" to dry, my hair still looks "sectionned" if thats the right word.

I'll keep ya updated :)

updated by @jonathan-poll: 07/10/15 05:04:46AM
Jonathan Poll
@jonathan-poll
11 years ago
31 posts

Well, not too bad :)

Here are pictures of my hair today. I will keep them natural, looks better :)

I guess today is what you call day 1 at starting dreads? Some of my friends said that dreads on me would be awesome, so I'll let my hair do as it should naturally!

Great forum :)

JP

Do you think with my type of hair the dreads would be like this? http://www.dreadlockssite.com/forum/topics/natural-dreadlock-progression-from-5-6-inches-of-hair-a-dready-ti

updated by @jonathan-poll: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
Jonathan Poll
@jonathan-poll
11 years ago
31 posts

Decided to give tnr a go on just one of them, if it goes well I may do it on the whole lot. I picked a "section" that formed naturally. Not sure if I done it right, but it seems OK to me, even if it was the first time lol

Only one for now, may see how it "behaves" over the next few days :)

Jonathan Poll
@jonathan-poll
11 years ago
31 posts

Decided I'm gonna see how my tnr goes friday afternoon. If it goes good, I may tnr the whole thing friday afternoon, so it can "settle" over the weekend a bit, ready for school on monday!

Sarahface
@sarah16
11 years ago
108 posts

Just to give you a heads up on T&R, it took both me and my friend about ten hours to do my entire head. And they were different sizes, not sectioned perfectly or anything. If you plan on doing twist and rip on your entire head in a single afternoon, give yourself some extra time just in case.

AND, another warning. Your hair WILL come out of the twist and rip lochs. I am posting my two month update in about a week and you can really tell how much it fell out compared to last month. Some of them stayed put at the nape of my neck, and those are dreading good, but the top is entirely loose hair.

If i could do it over again, I wouldn't have spent so many hours trying to twist and rip my hair that night. Especially on top of my head. Its sectioning out on its own just fine anyway.

So, yes. Do what you will, but don't have your heart set on those babies staying in forever either. Good luck!

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Hi Jonathan, welcome to this wonderful site. I am constantly looking at photos on this site and reading about their journey. People who started with curly hair and let it free form all by itself get the quickest awesome looking dreads. Curly hair already has spiral forms, so let it lock up by itself. You are luck, you have a head start on many of us.

Just remember to keep it clean, read the dreaducation tab for great tips. Enjoy

Jonathan Poll
@jonathan-poll
11 years ago
31 posts

Ok, well I'll just keep this single "baby" on, see how it comes out.

Thanks,

JP

Jonathan Poll
@jonathan-poll
11 years ago
31 posts

Ok, I told my parents I'm gonna get dreadlocks, they don't want me to...

Another good reason doing the natural method, it will be so slow they wont realise it ;)

Jonathan Poll
@jonathan-poll
11 years ago
31 posts

5 days in. My tnr untangled itself, but I heard thats normal.

I'm noticing quite a bit of "sectionning", amazing what hair does without touching it! Do you think they will start to form "baby dreads" within a month? (What I mean by "baby dreads" is hair that really looks like "seperate strands")

JP

melanie rose
@melanie-rose
11 years ago
177 posts
We have similar hair and I started seeing knots within a week and a half! We have perfect hair for dreads :p be patient and don't get down on yourself when tour hair is feeling extra out of controlEmbrace it! :)

/ 4

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form