just leave it be

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 07/03/15 07:49:12AM
Kelly3
@kelly3
11 years ago
333 posts

That hat still looks quite constricting to me.

Don't just spend your day lying around. Get out in the air and let your hair move around. As for sleeping on a wool jumper, I dont think it's really necessary.

Jonathan Poll
@jonathan-poll
11 years ago
31 posts

Hehe I don't mind changing my "bored" side of life for having dreads ;)

Looks better in the picture in real life, but my excuse at school the first few days could be "woke up too late", until they realise ;)

Kelly3
@kelly3
11 years ago
333 posts

You shouldn't need an excuse in school. What you do with your hair is your own business.

Jonathan Poll
@jonathan-poll
11 years ago
31 posts

Kelly, I don't mind sleeping on a wool jumper, too kem about 30 seconds for me to put it on my pillow, I don't mind anyway, as long as I sleep :)

Talking about that, I'll go to bed in a sec, goodnight :)

I'll keep you informed!

by the way, this forum is awesome!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

you dont need an excuse just say..its hair it has a mind [of its own and im tired of trying to change its nature so im just letting it be what it wants to be

--
Erin Michele Davidson
@erin-michele-davidson
11 years ago
1 posts

hey there! I, like you, was also unable to go the natural method due to working in the school system. I decided to use the back combing method. looking back, i would of done some things differently: i think that sectioning (if you want a more clean look) is VERY important. the girl (at a salon) who did mine didn't take her time and section them correctly, now i have one right above my ear that sometimes bothers my ear when not pulled back. Also if you are going to do the back comb make sure you do them TIGHT! mine were not very tight and the next day they puffed out soooo big. it's been 7mnths and my dreads have went through so many stages so having patience is important. before you make a decision, do your research!!! i wish that i would of done them myself or got my mom to help. i think my sections would of turned out better. Also i went to a guy who said he could help "fix" them and i didn't want him to use anythign and he used hair glue...big mistake. do your research and how you feel comfortable. for the first few weeks, i used wax...only a pea size amount but stopped..now i'm all natural. i know everyone says go natural, neglect, but if you do your research, ask questions, do what you feel is best for you and your situation. also, my hair was down to the middle of my back and the backcomb method took them a little past my shoulders. good luck and just keep asking!!!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

doing them tights means extra damage and slower dreading they need to be looser rto dread right

the tight ones will dread slower then the loose ones

wax was a huge mistake even once

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

in fact ift would probly dread faster if u just finger tease a tiny bit then if u v=backcomb ar t all

looser it is the easier it dreads

if its just able to survive a couple washes yoir set

if it dont

youir still fine it still dreads

but

like crochet which makes them excessivly tight if u make it too tight its going to delay dreading by months

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

aaaannndd we have many teachers that went neglect u did not have to backcomb at all just cause yoir a teacher

--

/ 4

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form