Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Twist and Gel and Wax question

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

unkempt? ha they look real maybe you dont like dreads? u just like the fashion? u want to be cool is that it? every dread in the world gets compliments thats not hard to do

but every 1 i ever gget says theyre the most beautifuk they ever saw and well not that i care or not but mine are pretty much well known around the world

u saw that waxy spiky headed picture? the total salon disasrer? she was getting "oh they look so nice" comments too even though she looked like a punk rocker that ha\d a colision with a glue truck

complimets from ppl who dont know a thing about dreads arent hard to cxome by dude

u could wear a dread wig and fool the same people

you could use superglyue and glue yourself up some totaly fake dreads and fool a few ppl into complimenting you

and im not trying to disrespect you after all u managed to keep em 12 years whichu is unbelievable for salon dreads that were so mistreatted

but u do ne4d to realize that what your suf=ggesting is dangerouse ..it is iresponsiv]ble it is wrong

and i have a feeling if u did wash all that gell crap out and had clean gunk gfree dreads you might just find out thyre not very drwaded at all after 12 long years

how can they dread when u bake them in hardened gel?

how do they dread? hair moved hair knots knors compress

u arent letting it move and knot u are forcing compression thru twisting replacing glueing and baking with knotting

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 07/10/15 12:24:37AM
Joe Shmoe
@joe-shmoe
13 years ago
15 posts
Yea they look *real unkempt. Lol @ compliments, point taken. What im suggesting is not dangerous, irresponsible, and wrong. It is one of the options to loc *black hair. Fyi the gel is not like wax, it is water soluble and will wash out no problem. Lol, ur suggesting my hair is not really dreaded due to the fact I use gel? That's ridiculous. Trust me, I have cut them numerous times over the years and they are def locked.Also, the twists are not hard like u think they would be. U dry twist them in btwn the time s u wash + use gel. Therefore, the hair does in fact move and it does promote locking. (I can't speak for caucasian hair tho)).
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

um yes it uis dangeerous irispi]oncible and wrong when alnmost everyoner who twists 12 times a year or 4 times a year..the max recomended by anyone ..have thinning dreads breaking dreads

how is it not iresoponsiv=ble when almost everyone who does it far far far less oftebn then you suffers ?

i know the gell washes out but u akl[]lso bake it in so it hae=rdens.. stupid idea

hardened dreads dont move and knot and if they do theyd dread many many many times faster if u didnt do that

african hair can dread in a week if all u do is wash and thats it

african hairs the easiest to dread there is

everything u recomends counter productive ..it makes them need extra work its how salons make money do it wrong so it takes m]longer needs more workl keeps u coming back and paying

baking them in gel slows the progress a ton

leaving them alone they just dread

its amazing theat youd give dread advice when after 12 years you sttill have to work on them egvery weeek?

why?

arent they done yet?

have u missed the pint that dreads are your hairs natural state and need no work?

the point of dreading is to not havge to do all that work

--
Westcoaster
@westcoaster
13 years ago
81 posts

Although I am not black, I have as close to nappy hair as you can without it actually being so and I just let my dreads go. One side of my head has thicker hair than the other. If I have to go somewhere where I have to be neat (job interview for example) I use a towel and run it over my dreads to smooth out the fuzzies. I find that leaving them down as much as possible allows them to dread a little better and I wash them about 3 times a week.

No wax, no twisting, no crocheting, etc. I used a loctician when I started and I was shocked at how damaging it was to my hair. It took many months to fix my hair and there is still so much room for improvement. To each there own at the end of the day but I would have to agree with SE when he says that you really do not need all of that "maintenance" to have healthy dreads.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

its funny that your names joe shmoe

as in generic

nobody specific

someone who blends in to the crowd

so afraid to stand out you choose a name that applies to any ol shmuk on the street

you think dreads look unkempt then why do u want to look like you have dreads)(sorta)

is it an ego thing? vanity thing? do you really think your better then everyone cause you do more work on them?

its a shame you missed the point entirely

you could have learned so much and grown as a person instead of being just another joe shmoe

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

when i met this guy in the 1st year of dreading his dreads ere as long and as old as mine are now

i asked him how he got such nice long dreads

his answer was simple

"grow them in your soul before you grow them on your head"

if your meant to dread you will dread no force nvolved they flourish when you keep your intentins on higher purposes

when your hair is your last concern

when you put your attention outside yourself on others

--
Joe Shmoe
@joe-shmoe
13 years ago
15 posts
Ur really not going to let this go huh? If u want dreads w/ "character " go the natural route; if u want want locs that look neat and well-kept twist them w/gel (for blk/mixed hair types anyway).I don'tHAVE to wrk on my hair every week, I do it b/c I WANT them to remain looking neat and well-maintained. New growth/stray hairs @ the base of locs is not a good look for me therefore I take the appropriate measures (*for my hair type) to minimize it. If I was 100% black this wouldn't be an issue; maintenance would be alot less regular but there would still be maintenance involved.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

um the loose hairs at the scalp belong there the bald spots do not it backfires u look disaeased like your going bald and eventualy yu will you fell for the lie that the loose hair at the scalp makes them look bad it doesnt the hair belongs there it protects the scalp from the suns rays skin cancer ya know

thats why we have hair on or heads

and you are still implyig that the fake look is the neat acceptivble look its not its just the fake look and theres nothing untidy or unkempt about real dreads

your just another salon dread victim that never learned the lesson they shamed you into believing the lies that u have to control every single hair to be acceptible and neat

sorry

but when this set falls off i hope your next set u learn that lesson and let them dread

loose hairs at the base of the locs is a healthy look not a diseased doll head look with too skiny dreads surropunded by huge areas of scalp

thats how salons define tidy but its not healthy

but im sure your scalp pics will prove that point

--
Joe Shmoe
@joe-shmoe
13 years ago
15 posts
Lol Idk why ur hating. Yes, for the most part I think true "dreads" like urs do look unkempt. Although I def respect the dedication of the guy in the pic u posted the dreads look kinda gross to me. I think maintained "locs" look alot bttr.Btw don't put words in my mouth, I never said im bttr than anyone b/c I do more wrk on them. I think this is the 4th time im stating this but u still don't seem to get it; to each his/her own.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

um thats exactkl]ly how u act isnt it? saying real dreads look gross? your the hater dude self hatred to thats why you insist on such extreme overmaintenance every salon in the world will tell u never ever retwist more then 1 time every 3 months and thats toop much yuu retwist weekly thats alotta fear isnt it alotta hatrwed why do u want locs if u hate locs antd think theyre gross?

theres something warped about that mentality

why dont ya just go back to combing your hair since ya feel such a need to keep it perfect at all times

its funny you turned an amazing journey into a chore

--

/ 5

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form