dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

yes i checked the f.a.q.'s lol

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

nono well u can spray on b4 or add to the baking soda

but u never want to put a woorl tam on damp ddreads never put it on till they are totaly dry

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 07/13/15 10:00:35AM
Maximilian
@maximilian
13 years ago
62 posts
when do I do the salt, and how? beofre or after my shower?
Kass
@kass
13 years ago
33 posts

It's a sea salt spray, so you just make it, put it into a spray bottle, and spray it into your hair before you wash it (within 2 hours). Don't worry about it. Just relax and let your hair do its thing.

To dry, just shake your hair out and let it dry naturally. Once it's dry you can put a tam on. Or sleep with wool on your pillow. These are ways that can speed up dreading :)

Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts

lol:) a tam is a loose fitting knit hat like this.... http://www.etsy.com/search/handmade?q=tam

i do sea salt sprays in my hair whenever i feel i need it. just wash your hair every couple of days or so and on the in between days just put your hair up when you shower. some people use a shower cap. don't go to bed with your hair wet because you'll regret it in the morning. lots of separating will be needed. just basically forget you have hair. don't try to over think it and you'll be fine.

{{{{hugs}}}}

Maximilian
@maximilian
13 years ago
62 posts
why do you put the salt in before you shower though? i believe you guys but i just am interested in the science. thanks for all the help :D
Crystal O.
@crystal-o
13 years ago
137 posts

you leave it on the hair fora short time, a couple hours or so because if you leave it on too long it can dry the hair too much leaving it weak or even brittle. So a little while before showering is good so you can wash it out.

Maximilian
@maximilian
13 years ago
62 posts
but why before you shower? does it help them lock? i kinda get it, the salt dries the hair, then it gets rougher and catches more friction making it dread faster, but if you just wash it out right after isnt that counter productive?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

no if u kleave it in it corodes your skull over dries the hair it sdoes all its gonna do in minutes then u rinse or wash it leaving the hair dry tight and tanglesd if u leave it in your gonna itch like crazy the hair can get so dry it breaks

--
Maximilian
@maximilian
13 years ago
62 posts
thanks so much for the help, it does't seem so confusing anymore. check my day one pic lol, my hair will dread faster than the average straight haired folk ya?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts
probly

--

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form