Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

The Fact Of The Matter.

Nic Sullivan
@nic-sullivan
13 years ago
47 posts
Okay I wanna star this by saying Dreadlocks are awesome and the end result no matter what method you choose is gonna be awesome.That being saidThe Fact Of The Matter is when you use the neglect method your hair looks like a mess (I don't mean that to sound rude) But it is crazy looking, not bad looking just crazy looking. So the thing I wanna talk about is. What every one thinks about that. You know like I've read here that some people think that rubber bands are bad to use. For one reason or another. My big question to people that are pro neglect. Is what are some tips you would give a guy like me that does want his dreads to look maybe a little bit more uniform. Tidy like, but agrees that wax isn't good for your dreadlocks.Again this isn't to knock ANYONE.
updated by @nic-sullivan: 01/13/15 08:56:35PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

dreads look beautiful through the neglect process

but if u want to go neglect seperate into somewhat even sections

or do twist n rip

just dont use wax that simple

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

the hair around your face came out cause its shorter and more likely to get messed with (pushing it back_)

not cause of the lack of effectiveness of the method..

and you did not skip anything u only delayed it..by a long long time so they will not go into the teen stage till most dreads (yea neglect tioo) are almost mature or 1/2 way there anyway

if ya insist on conformity twist and rip into even sections but theres a very good chance ya will be disapointed in theyre lack of personality and wish yad started naturally

if u dont like the mess ya got for a day throw on a tam and go on yoir way..its that easy

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Lex
@lex
13 years ago
217 posts
crocheting will definitely give you the most uniform dreads over-all.... I would try a couple TnR and a few back-combe and see if either of them works for you first though.
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
13 years ago
849 posts
The truth is no matter waht method you choose there's high probability that your hair will look crazy for a period of time. Some of the MOST unruly, insane, (amazing) messes of early dreading I have ever seen were backcombed. I say let go of expectations and go with the flow, otherwise you may be disappointed!
Z2
@z2
13 years ago
34 posts

I had backcombed locks for 2 years and to tell you the truth they looked like they were 'made'. My new neglect dreads are so much more beautiful and you can rip them however you want. They form based on what's natural for your head. I don't mean to sound snobbish, but they are coming along much better than backcombed, at about a third of the time thus far.

Your hair is going to be a mess no matter what method...you have to surrender and let the craziness take control of head. Like anything in life that's worth waiting for, it takes time.

Brandon Arnold
@brandon-arnold
13 years ago
184 posts
If you want uniform dreads from the start, you should probably do lots of crochet and waxing lol jk.It's always going to be messy. Crochet, TnR, back combing, neglect...it just has to happen like that in order for them to lock up.It's only a year of messy looking hair, which really is not a lot of time if you think about it. Out of our generation's very looooong life expectancy, it's not that bad.Just take it a day at a time.
Nic Sullivan
@nic-sullivan
13 years ago
47 posts
Well thank you all for your tips and guidance Iappreciate it. =D
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form