Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Discouraged :/

Julia Katherine Freitas
@julia-katherine-freitas
14 years ago
28 posts
THANK YOU!!!! It will be sometime this week I hope!
updated by @julia-katherine-freitas: 07/23/15 05:03:42PM
chelsea grace
@chelsea-grace
14 years ago
3 posts
my mother always taught me that we shouldnt wait for others acceptance, we are who we are....if you do what you do and they still do not agree, it will be cut loose... you need to be who you are. it is a very important part of life :) this life you live for yourself, and not others.
Julia Katherine Freitas
@julia-katherine-freitas
14 years ago
28 posts
:D You guys are so smart and encouraging. I love you all! Awe we are like a lil family :D:D:D:D<3
Loleia
@loleia
14 years ago
16 posts
i thought the same when i was thinking about doing it, i was so worried about them not looking good on me. heaps of people told me not to and that i was pretty the way i was.but i did it anyway. and to be honest i get really nice comments from people of all walks of life these days.i have only ever met 1 person that was judgemental towards dreads. he hated people with them and considered them dirty. i changed his mind and he employed me.
Jack Roth
@jack-roth
14 years ago
298 posts
i got told a shouldnt get dreads, but then i got them and u will see how soon every ones mind changes
Dee Dee
@dee-dee
14 years ago
51 posts
The first comment I got when my hair had just hit the oh soo frizzy stage was from my aunt and she said "my good lord child did you just roll out of bed from a three day nap" so I laughed and explained that no, I was growing dreadlocks. She looked at me for a second and said, "aw you would be beautiful if you wore a skunk on your head" my mother on the other hand was not so supportive, and my botfriend refers to me as "his sexy dreaddy lioness" which is totally flattering considering I am a leo lol. My point is, you will have people who support you or judge you for as long as you walk this earth honey, there will always be a little shine, and the more you shine from inside, the more you will find in the world!! Much love and stay strong sister, be yourself always and you will be loved!!
mo
@mo
14 years ago
2 posts
can totally relate to this... but i have learnt to embrace different views and and am trying to be confident in who i am :) there will be those who will have a misconception about dreads but also those who will understand. my family is pretty liberal but are still trying to warm up to my decision. i know they love me and that i am loving this process so in time they will love it too i hope. those who say it is ugly lack the courage to do something which will most certainly make them stand out. and to stand out is beautiful i think.. sending positive vibes :) x
SuperGirl
@supergirl
14 years ago
4 posts
I am getting them too! As for those who judge you...they are just jealous! Do what it is that YOU want, and be kind..after that, life becomes quite a ride!
Julia Katherine Freitas
@julia-katherine-freitas
14 years ago
28 posts
Thanks guys I can't wait!
so would've i
@so-wouldve-i
14 years ago
71 posts
soaringeagle's initial response is the best hahaha. i think i am going to put in my first dreads ever tonight.

/ 5

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form