hows that sloppy?good job

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 07/11/15 12:47:37PM
MagdaLainna
@magdalainna
14 years ago
30 posts
Thanks! I guess you can't see the raging lumps and fly aways in the pic. Or how loose it starts, but it's my first and its beautiful to me! :) Feeling it from the root down, you can tell when I started to get it and it tightens up the rest of the way down. Hopefully the roots being fairly loose doesn't cause it to come out, but if it does, I'll just put it back! soaringeagle said:
hows that sloppy?
good job
JESSICA EVA (Eva Lovelocks)
@jessica-eva-eva-lovelocks
14 years ago
217 posts
it's ok, you don't really want it too tight toward your scalp. give your head some breathing room. too tight dreads can rip hairs out and stuff. plus be kinda painful.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
actualy it dreads lil faster if its somewhat loose because it has to move around and reorder itself into actual dreadsand also even if it falls apart completely your better off not putting it back in instead just wait for it to dread on its own MagdaLainna said:
Thanks! I guess you can't see the raging lumps and fly aways in the pic. Or how loose it starts, but it's my first and its beautiful to me! :) Feeling it from the root down, you can tell when I started to get it and it tightens up the rest of the way down. Hopefully the roots being fairly loose doesn't cause it to come out, but if it does, I'll just put it back!
soaringeagle said:
hows that sloppy?
good job

--
MagdaLainna
@magdalainna
14 years ago
30 posts
Second dread is waaaay to small, fortunately I've read that they do get bigger and AGAIN another lesson learned :)
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
how bigs the root sextion and how do u define way too small?i have 1 dread thats literaly as thin as the letter l on the screen and its 4 feet long and..believe it or not its a congo 2 dreads combineds

--
MagdaLainna
@magdalainna
14 years ago
30 posts
it started out about the same size as the one I posted, but is nearly pencil LEAD thin from the middle down. I'll just let it congo with another if I decide I don't like it on it's own. Once I get a few T&R going all over, I will allow them and the rest of my hair to do what it will. So far, with the two I have, I'm happy.I'm not sectioning, I'm taking parts of my naturally curly hair that would have formed a curl-lock had I left it alone and made that the dread. My hair naturally sections into what will be curls when it dries. This one just surprised me with it's thinness.Sadly, my husband seems a bit unimpressed by my 2 dread babies, so I have decided this is my journey alone and just hope for the best. soaringeagle said:
how bigs the root sextion and how do u define way too small?
i have 1 dread thats literaly as thin as the letter l on the screen and its 4 feet long and..believe it or not its a congo 2 dreads combineds
MagdaLainna
@magdalainna
14 years ago
30 posts
Just to show- this is my hair before I cut it (it's back past my shoulders again and just as curly). You can see where my hair sections off on it's own- I'm taking those curls and dreading them. Perhaps I should combine two? Or just keep the natural sections and allow them to congo later?

updated by @magdalainna: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
Kimba
@kimba
14 years ago
16 posts
My hubby wasnt all too thrilled when I first decided to let my hair dread but now he really loves my hair--mine was almost exactly like yours--curly...Your first dread is beautiful, not sloppy at all, and so much nicer than mine was when I first started. :) Mine are coming along naturally now after I initially backcombed some, twisted and ripped some and some are just natural all the way but they are all different and I love them!Keep us updated on your progress and I hope your day is happier than the last :DLovekimba
MagdaLainna
@magdalainna
14 years ago
30 posts
My husband has actually agreed to help me with the back, which is really nice of him and accepting (FINALLY).PLUS, I have been working on a back one for hours now and can't get it past an inch long. Just won't take. I don't know what the hell it's problem is. Perfect start and then it's just resisting. So, I think I'm just going to let that one hang out and do its own thing. So 3 so far. Technically 2 and a half. I need to find the cord that hooks my camera to my PC so I can upload pics, if not, I will have to use my phone again :)Thanks for the invite. Love this site! Kimba said:
My hubby wasnt all too thrilled when I first decided to let my hair dread but now he really loves my hair--mine was almost exactly like yours--curly...Your first dread is beautiful, not sloppy at all, and so much nicer than mine was when I first started. :) Mine are coming along naturally now after I initially backcombed some, twisted and ripped some and some are just natural all the way but they are all different and I love them!
Keep us updated on your progress and I hope your day is happier than the last :D

Love
kimba

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form