Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

From Interlocking to Natural: My Dreadlock Journey

Raven's Light
@ravens-light
8 years ago
346 posts

Well, that's better than what I didn't the past, was just dab a little in my palm and rub it in was my old method. maybe that distributed it into too many places.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

yea that's my guess

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Raven's Light
@ravens-light
8 years ago
346 posts

So I am thinking of doing my weekly sea salt spray tomorrow before washing my hair  since I haven't done it this week, but I also realized I still haven't done a vinegar rinse in quite a long time to get rid of any possible build up. So I am wondering, do I skip the sea salt spray this week and do the vinegar soak instead of using the sea salt spray, or do I just do the sea salt spray before the vinegar soak and then just wash everything out all at one time, or do I do the vinegar rinse after my shampooing and just try and rinse out the vinegar?

updated by @ravens-light: 10/31/16 11:18:06PM
Raven's Light
@ravens-light
8 years ago
346 posts

I just sea salted my roots, I am still wondering if it's better to do the vinegar soak  after I wash my dreads, but then would I need to take time to be sure the vinegar is rinsed,or would I do this soak  before I wash my hair and thus before washing out the sea salt, or would it be wiser to save this soak  for another week and skip the sea salt spray  that in favor of doing the soak? 

I am also wondering, next week my washing cycle may be a bit inconvient....so is it better if one can't wash exactly on the 7th day to be a little under that and wash on the 6th or just weight it out and wash on the 8th day?

Edit: Actually disregard that last question, I realized that for convenience sake I'll have to wash it on the 6th da instead of the 7th, given what my schedule is like on that day and they won't be dry when I need them to be, because in this instance they'll have to pulled back....sadly. Looks like I'll have to make an exception this next week as far as washing every 7 days goes. 

updated by @ravens-light: 11/01/16 08:50:35AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

you really over think this too much haha

you don't have to do a vinegar soak unless you feel you need to..when you do, it doesn't have to be long at all do it in the shower when you wash pour it over your head, count to 3 then rinse

it doesn't matter if you do 1 the other or both except that the vinegar and salt have opposite effects  so the drying and conditioning effects may cancel eachother out 

--
Raven's Light
@ravens-light
8 years ago
346 posts

Well, in taking the vinegar rinse on an as needed basis, I didn't do one yet, I got out of the shower today and squeezed my hair as I do as part of the drying process and I don't really feel any kind of stickiness to my hair from a few of the dreads I squeezed....so I guess that means I don't need to do a soak yet, haha.

Raven's Light
@ravens-light
8 years ago
346 posts

I tried a different way of positioning my dreads, since laying them off all to the right was weird feeling, to the left is ok, but this seems to work well too

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

looks great ;)

--
Raven's Light
@ravens-light
8 years ago
346 posts

I am thinking I may have to go back to washing every 5-6 days, as every 7 has been hard, I mean my head was pretty itchy for a while yesterday. I'm trying to keep in mind that certain types of heater can do that....I know once a week is ideal in the winter, I'm just unsure if stand washing only every 7, as I keep feeling like I wanna wash my hair before then, but I"m still trying to keep it once a week....so would about every 6 days still cover this criteria?

Raven's Light
@ravens-light
8 years ago
346 posts

In reference to my last question, could I get away with washing my hair roughly every 5 days in winter or would it be better to do every 6?...I'm fiinding the itchy feeling fro the weather hard to take some times, so waiting the full 7 days to wash my dreads has been hard, thus why I'm wondering if I can wash them sooner than every 7 days, but still then technicallly only wash them once a week, I mean I'd like to wash only every 7, but I'm finding that to be challenging these days.....On aother note, with my beard, I heard that you should wash a beard about twince a week, I wonder if that holds true in winter....

/ 29

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form