Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

From Interlocking to Natural: My Dreadlock Journey

Raven's Light
@ravens-light
8 years ago
346 posts

This sort of seems like a foolish question, but I figured I'd ask it. Since I'm trying to transition my washing cycle, I am wondering if 1 day really makes a difference, like if I was every 6 days vs every 7. I am just wondering what the actual benefit, out outside of the time it takes to dry, is there washing your dreads once a week. I guess it's just taking me a while to retrain myself away from how frequently I have been washing. I mean, thankfully I'm not itchy today! I'm gonna try and give it until tomorrow for my wash, but I'm just wondering if there is any real benefit or if I can just use the soft rule of like washing every 6-7 days (going with whichever day I actually have the time...)...I know there really isn't a "rule" for this and they should just be washed when the need it, but I'm just curious. 

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

its just more convenient in winter

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Raven's Light
@ravens-light
8 years ago
346 posts

Oh I totally get the convenience part of it. So, no longer than every 7 days is what I should be shooting for instead of every 6?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

yes

--
Raven's Light
@ravens-light
8 years ago
346 posts

Ok. and would it be too much if I were to use like argon, coconut oil, or jojoba on my scalp about once, maybe twice a week? (although I'd only shoot for once a week,and only if it's insanely itchy) I'd probably start with argon since I have ben using that one more than the others and it's good for moisturizing....but I'm just hoping to not over do it, so thus my question about how often I could use it if the need arises. 

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

if its just on the scalp it should be fine to use as needed

--
Raven's Light
@ravens-light
8 years ago
346 posts

Yeah it's only ever the scalp. So I could even use it a few times a week if it was that bad, without having an issue with over oiling/conditioning?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

as long as its not gtting too much on the dreads

--
Raven's Light
@ravens-light
8 years ago
346 posts

Ok, I mean I try and only put it on the roots then rub it in. Hopefully this negates the likelyhood of it getting on the dreads.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

use a q tip dip it in the oil and rub on itchy dry spots  

--

/ 29

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form